Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I’ve been having idle issues with my d40. Previously the car had cut out in a car park and traffic light so I’m sure it’s related. Now on some/all start ups the idle begins to surge, as it struggles to stay running until it stalls.

I’ve replaced the fuel filter (cheaper after market) and it ran perfectly for a day, shortly after it began repeating its issues. Removing the filter again and checking for sediment/inspecting the hoses, it ran fine for another few days then returned to this issue but less frequent.
I suspect it’s the fuel lines introducing a slight air leak, as the ends have a few cracks. I prime the bulb as hard as possible and there’s now a very slight sign of air fizzing out.
Is this enough of an issue to be causing the engine to surge idle and stall regularly? Often to a point of not being able to be driven at all.

Forgive me if this is the no brainer issue, but it never seems to be the case. So why not run it by the fellow nav experts. I obviously plan on replacing the hoses immediately, however upon research this issue can be a slew of problems.

Thank you all greatly for your time.
Zane

·
Registered
346 Posts
You could start with cutting/replacing the lines where there is cracking it may not be the fault but any air will not help starting the car or idling not masses of knowledge here but sure someone will be along with lite more than me(y)

·
Administrator
15,479 Posts
Stalling at traffic lights is almost always the suction control valve needing replacing. About $150 AUS.

You will probably have some fault codes such as P0089.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE:

Thanks to tips through this thread and others alike, the issue was indeed the suction control valve SCV. The fix only cost around $200, saving greatly rather than continuing the back and fourth at a mechanic. The job didn't take long at all and now she runs like a dream.

I visited a mechanic recently when I had the SCV suspicion, only for them to charge for a MAFS sensor to be sprayed with contact cleaner, being doubtful and dismissive of the issue being the SCV.

I followed the following link to change mine, only using a 10mm socket, Phillips head and an Allen key. Cheers.

Next up.... Timing chain.....

·
Administrator
15,479 Posts
Fairly easy fix that one. Many other vehicles suffer the same problem with those denso SCVs so I am surprised the mechanic didn't pick it up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Recently I’ve been having idle issues with my d40. Previously the car had cut out in a car park and traffic light so I’m sure it’s related. Now on some/all start ups the idle begins to surge, as it struggles to stay running until it stalls.

I’ve replaced the fuel filter (cheaper after market) and it ran perfectly for a day, shortly after it began repeating its issues. Removing the filter again and checking for sediment/inspecting the hoses, it ran fine for another few days then returned to this issue but less frequent.
I suspect it’s the fuel lines introducing a slight air leak, as the ends have a few cracks. I prime the bulb as hard as possible and there’s now a very slight sign of air fizzing out.
Is this enough of an issue to be causing the engine to surge idle and stall regularly? Often to a point of not being able to be driven at all.

Forgive me if this is the no brainer issue, but it never seems to be the case. So why not run it by the fellow nav experts. I obviously plan on replacing the hoses immediately, however upon research this issue can be a slew of problems.

Thank you all greatly for your time.
Zane
I had very similar problems and after removing the primer bulb found very fine cracks which probably was letting the fuel to leak back to the tank and also suck air under certain conditions, so after replacing this, all stalling has disappeared.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts