Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,i was just wondering if any one else had problems with the idle speed on the narvara.its idling constantly at 1500-2000rpm!!!!its so anoying. :x had a look at wiring and connecters but cant see nothing obvious.with a electronic fuel pump theres not alot I can do.any help would be greatly appriciated.thanks leighton

·
Registered
163 Posts
ljames said:
Hi,i was just wondering if any one else had problems with the idle speed on the narvara.its idling constantly at 1500-2000rpm!!!!its so anoying. :x had a look at wiring and connecters but cant see nothing obvious.with a electronic fuel pump theres not alot I can do.any help would be greatly appriciated.thanks leighton
Do you have the heater switch on?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi

nah the switch aint on.maybe the sensor or something related to that is bust?not sure.pulled some wires off today and the engine management light came on and it cut out.disconnected the battery to reset it and the light went off.it was still idling fast though.thanks

·
Registered
238 Posts
hi
check accelerator pedal, no wires its on a sensor. on the pedal/assembly is a small rubber gromet this may have been dislodged.
Tony :)
try tapping the accelerator pedal to see if it comes down. it may be a faulty sensor.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Also take the housing off and check the air filter is clear..... Might have sucked up a rag or somat

·
Registered
363 Posts
Had similar problem my first week of ownership of my D40 and discovered that it was the accelerator pedal, If the pedal is not on the stop in the rest position (Closes switch) then the Revs were hovering at 2Krpm and after several minutes my engine warning light came on. Discovered the problem to be a misaligned accelerator pedal, my dealer fixed by fitting complete new pedal.

The pedal has both a Potentiometer for controlling the revs and also a normally closed switch when the pedal is at the rest position which I belive has somthing to do with calibration.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replys.i will check that today.hopefully its somthing simple.fingers crossed.ill will let you know how i get on?thanks again!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fixed

Well I m glad to say its fixed.looked under the pedal ,but couldnt see nothing wrong,the bung etc was all in place.dis-connected the the multiplug goin into the sensor,on the pedal,while the engine was runnin,and the managment light came on.knocked the engine off,pluged it back in and stared it and it was ok.sprayed some wd40 into the contacts also.it now idles fine.thanx for all your help.much appriciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i had a little trouble with my nav running at 1500 on tick over i will try the plug removal etc to see if this gets rid of the irratic iddle failing that she's book in for full service on monday and will get them to sort things (local nissan dealer am i right to go to the main dealer have had good reports so far about them), plus anybody know of recalls due on a 2002 nav D22 di

many thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
high engine idle

If your engine idle is stuck around 1500 revs and the heater switch is off you will need to go to a Nissan dealer and have throttle position learn carried out, if fault comes back in a short space of time you then have to replace the ecu.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Re: high engine idle

shopshire jockey said:
.... have throttle position learn carried out,
how do they do that? any details please :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem, its the ECU apparently its common but Nissan won't admit it, mine is a late 03 model. New ECU solved the problem, see my post on Total Recall forum

·
Registered
43 Posts
only got my 04 nav two months ago and today mine started to tick over at 1500 , not heater switch so going to where i bought it tomorrow so will post what happens!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
idle

Hey.my dads is still ok.serviced it 2day for him.idles lovely since i played about with the throttle pedal switch!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
High idling

I still think this will have to go to a dealer to be plug onto consult for throttle learn, dealer may charge around half an hour for this however I can do them in about 2 mins.

·
Registered
43 Posts
got my nav back today, it had to go to Donny Nissan in the end. Even though pulling on the peddle reduced the tickover it needed to have the ECU reprogrammed.
While it was there they said it needs the power steering pipes replacing as they are corroded. These are being done under warranty aswell.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey.my dads has started to idle fast again.think it ll be going to nissan.my local nissan arnt very good.i have too find somewhere else to take it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
the cd manual states warm up engine let it run no throttle no electric extra's switched on for 10 mins tick over will reset itself. i tried it and it dropped the revs within 5 mins let it run the 10 mins now running fine :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts