Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have 3 of them working, as we know generally there is only one in the D40 with the added teaser of the by your left knee which sadly is never wired up.

I recover injured deer from the highway and wanted a forward facing Amber strobe stuck to the inside of the windscreen hence the need for the third 12 volt socket.
https://youtu.be/VmFlomV5n9g

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
? On mine, the socket to the right of the steering column is always powered, but the one in the centre console is ignition switched....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm always amused by this subject in the forums, my Nav is a 2011, I'm assuming your trucks are a similar age? My D40 doesn't have a skt to the right of the steering column at all and the LH side one wasn't wired whatsoever, its such a mixed bag. My skts ( aside from centre arm rest) are all live without ignition being on.

·
Administrator
13,140 Posts
The D40 started life with 3 sockets, two near your left knee (or right for LHD). One was ignition controlled, one permanent.

The third socket in the cubby box was ignition controlled.

During the lifecycle the ignition switched socket at knee level was deleted, just leaving 2.

The permanent live one at knee level often doesn't work, sometimes the fuse, sometimes it gets disconnected as the wiring is very tight there.

·
Registered
260 Posts
There's a USB input too in the cubby / coin holder under the sat nav central unit.

I've used that a few times to charge a low input device, like a phone etc leaving the other 2 sockets for other on-board devices...

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I wish Nissan would not keep changing basic stuff you need in a truck.... How much can it possibly save them?

·
Administrator
13,140 Posts
Nissan make 5m cars per year. Save €200 per car by implementing a global programme of minor cost reduction.. That's a billion € if my maths is right.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I recall the minor celebrations at work when we saved 5c off the cost of making a networking card, but it did not reduce any functionality or quality, or annoy customers!

·
Administrator
13,140 Posts
You can almost imagine that presentation with a list of cost savings, starting with deleting the electrics on the passenger seat down to not providing a spare fuse.

Somebody says the target is X, so they work down the list until they get there.

The way of big corporations...

·
Super Moderator
4,572 Posts
On models with only one socket by your knee
If you look behind the dash you will find the old unused second socket wireing is still there just tied up out of the way :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts