Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
11,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I paid about £600 for my insurance last year, shopped around and couldn't get it much less.
I have just got some quotes around £350 (not from the Mickey mouse providers either).

So my advice, don't auto renew this year!

·
Registered
20 Posts
And steer clear of the rigged comparison sites....

Any advice on where to try then mate. Last year i paid £788 for fully comp and all the bells and whistles. This year my renewal quote was just shy of £1700 with the cheapest quote i can find being around £1200 from admiral (no breakdown or legal cover). I've had no claims no points on my license, nothing has changed except i now have 10 years NCB but the price of my renewal has sky rocketed. I just don't understand it.

·
Administrator
11,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
20 Posts
It will be your postcode that is the problem. Have you tried Direct Line?

I've just got of the phone Directline refuse to cover my area.

I'm a bit of to be honest, just in general. That link you posted http://www.carinsuranceexplained.com/car-insurance-explained/car-insurance-postcode-risk-list.html
My post code used to be in the F or D band I'm sure it was but now I'm in the refer band. So i'm getting screwed in the because a bunch of round here can't drive. I don't know what to do everyone is quoting me near £2000. I'll probably have to go with Admiral for £1083.

·
Administrator
11,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It will be your postcode that is the problem. Have you tried Direct Line?

I've just got of the phone Directline refuse to cover my area.

I'm a bit of to be honest, just in general. That link you posted http://www.carinsuranceexplained.com/car-insurance-explained/car-insurance-postcode-risk-list.html
My post code used to be in the F or D band I'm sure it was but now I'm in the refer band. So i'm getting screwed in the because a bunch of round here can't drive. I don't know what to do everyone is quoting me near £2000. I'll probably have to go with Admiral for £1083.
Or move house!

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
It’s here again.... insurance renewal time.
Last year's premium: £950
Renewal premium: £850 (without adding my recent speeding fine)
Best price from comparison sites: £585 (comparable policy & inc. speeding ticket)

Ok, I know you don’t know the quality of your insurer until you have to use them, and I had been with my previous insurer for 5 years, but when I spoke to them, they couldn’t even get within £100 of the best price (although, at least they tried).

So for a saving of approx. £365, I’ve jumped ship.

·
Registered
224 Posts
We picked up our truck on Monday, used Admiral because we were on multi car cover, went through everything and then it turned out we couldn't have Multi car with a van, so spoke to Van insurance with Admiral, and fully comp £600 then add ons took it up to £700. ( I do have 9 points on my license eek) we can cancel within 12 days.

I'm going to try Flux they said they could give me a better quote.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Wow, I thought £260 was steep but I'm new to the Pick-up scene.

I too went with Admiral as I was in the dealership having bought the truck at 4.45pm They were hurrying to tax it, I was hurrying to insure it. My previous insurers wouldn't cover it as it was a van...!

As with all my insurance I will do some research and seek out the best value I can come renewal time next year.

133 Posts
We picked up our truck on Monday, used Admiral because we were on multi car cover, went through everything and then it turned out we couldn't have Multi car with a van, so spoke to Van insurance with Admiral, and fully comp £600 then add ons took it up to £700. ( I do have 9 points on my license eek) we can cancel within 12 days.

I'm going to try Flux they said they could give me a better quote.
Hi,
If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Wow, I thought £260 was steep but I'm new to the Pick-up scene.
Mine is for full business insurance with a high mileage.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and mistakes.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
They've refunded £50 of my premiums as I told them I had 6 years NCB whereas it was actually 8!
It’s here again.... insurance renewal time.
Last year's premium: £950
Renewal premium: £850 (without adding my recent speeding fine)
Best price from comparison sites: £585 (comparable policy & inc. speeding ticket)

Ok, I know you don’t know the quality of your insurer until you have to use them, and I had been with my previous insurer for 5 years, but when I spoke to them, they couldn’t even get within £100 of the best price (although, at least they tried).

So for a saving of approx. £365, I’ve jumped ship.
Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and mistakes.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Found Aviva to be pretty reasonable. Although I don't do high mileage.
I find it amazing, that as a long standing customer of Aviva, I searched around and saved around £500 between two cars by moving to RAC. AVIVA could only get as close as twice as much as RAC!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts