Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ya'll,

Got my insurance renewal through at an annual increase of over £400 despite no claims, or points.

Just going through the insurance comparisons, but wondering, as i use my truck for social, and driving to meetings for my employer, i work from home and don't carry any goods.
Are they're any companies that take this kind of thing into account? or is it a case of i drive a commercial vehicle, so i need business/commercial insurance.

Cheers
Jim

·
Administrator
11,909 Posts
I guess the insurance underwriters have all the statistics around claims on pickups and use these to assess the premiums.
So it is probably correct that your premiums are influenced by commercial users.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The part where you state "driving to meetings for my employer" is rather important, so make absolutely certain that during the information required you make certain that the insurance company know this, it will probably mean that your vehicle is used for work purposes. That makes a large difference to the quote.
During a standard checkup (I had swapped insurers using a comparison website) I discovered to my horror a whole bunch of stuff I **thought** I was full covered on, yet actually...

133 Posts
Hi ya'll,

Got my insurance renewal through at an annual increase of over £400 despite no claims, or points.

Just going through the insurance comparisons, but wondering, as i use my truck for social, and driving to meetings for my employer, i work from home and don't carry any goods.
Are they're any companies that take this kind of thing into account? or is it a case of i drive a commercial vehicle, so i need business/commercial insurance.

Cheers
Jim
Hi Jimbo,

By all means give us a try here at Flux for a quotation. You will definitely need to declare that you drive to meetings for your employer as this will be regarded as personal business use. Whilst a lower category than carriage of goods etc you would need to declare in order to be fully covered.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Regards,

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts