Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its time to re insure the Navara again, anyone have any recommendations please?

I'm currently paying £670(ish) possibly more (I cant remeber exact amount)

Im 40 driving for 22 years, 1 claim just over 3 years ago ( I didn't claim just notified insurance and they took 6 years off my ncb reducing it to 3 years)

I have 6 years NCB.
Good(ish) postcode
Is £670+ a fair price?

cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
50 Posts
Iv been with admiral the past 3 years who have been best for me. I find the cheapest quote online then phone them up and they always match it and throw something in. As everytime they send me a renewal its like £150 more every year.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
I'll stick another vote in for greenlight :) I'm with them now, all mods declared, missus on the insurance and it still came in cheaper than my renewal quote from gladiator! Also greenlight give you 3rd part extention to drive other cars! Not many commercial policys provide that

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'll add a +1 for Gladiator.
I'm 38, 7yrs no claims and pay £370 a year.

Only thing to watch for is the usual huge price hikes on the annual renewal.
But so far, its been a good service with them.

·
Super Moderator
4,356 Posts
I'll add a +1 for Gladiator.
I'm 38, 7yrs no claims and pay £370 a year.

Only thing to watch for is the usual huge price hikes on the annual renewal.
But so far, its been a good service with them.
I'm doing something wrong I just did a quote from them purely out of curiosity 36 8 years no claims they want over a grand lol I don't think so

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here's a tip I just learned recently: if you put a named driver on your insurance, it reduces your premium ! Go figure ?

PS: I'm not sure if this would work in all cases (depends on who the named driver is for starters I would imagine, putting your 17 yr old niece or your mate with 43 motoring convictions on is probably a no-no) but it was the case when my wife re-insured her Nissan Juke last month.

Anyone else heard of this? (Someone back me up here or I'll think I dreamed it !! :eekout)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Experienced named drivers reduce premiums as it shows there's sensible people in the household. My parents are always on my insurance even though they've never driven my cars! The wife on the other hand ups it by £800!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Wow. Up here we must be counted as being incredibly safe I'm 32 6 points (2 speeding) 11 years without a claim and a pay just under £240 with aviva and they cover me third party any vehicle. I was quoted cheaper, can't remember who but it was for insured vehicle only.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Adrian Flux wouldn't even offer me a quote on mine when I asked.

Ended up with NFU, not cheap by any stretch of the imagination but I'm happy that the cover is correct for what I do. I think this is the biggest bit, not every insurance policy fits everyone, it's only expensive it they won't pay out when you need them to, or you're paying for things that you don't need.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Aviva have done a cracking deal on my np300 for less then £250 if I add my work van on in two weeks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I'll stick another vote in for greenlight :) I'm with them now, all mods declared, missus on the insurance and it still came in cheaper than my renewal quote from gladiator! Also greenlight give you 3rd part extention to drive other cars! Not many commercial policys provide that
now then heres a question, according to the Tax office the Navara is not a Commercial but a dual purpose so why can you not insure it as such ie why do they stipulate no other vehicles as its a commercial policy, only ask as the Company i had my Passat with wouldnt even consider the Navara as it is a commercial vehicle

·
Registered
39 Posts
now then heres a question, according to the Tax office the Navara is not a Commercial but a dual purpose
The terms Commercial and Dual Purpose for government (HMRC & VOSA/Police) purposes have different meanings.

Dual Purpose refers to a combination of seats/doors/weight and load bed to cabin ratio. It defines what class it fits into for UK highway speed limits and a couple of other bits.

Commercial is determined by it potential payload and defines it registration and hence VED class. Some insurers will put it on a car policy but it will be very restrictive. You can have the vehicle registered as a car if you wish but you'll be paying around £500 on VED and lose the other benefits of running a commercial.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts