Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

The lovely people at LV want to pay for their summer holiday again so have sent me my renewal letter, once again it's gone up

Who are others using at the moment ?

Cheers

Stuart

·
Super Moderator
4,570 Posts
Adrian flux
Think theres a member on here that works there too

·
Registered
103 Posts
moved from admiral to Adrian flux this year.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
I'm with Admiral. Moved my policy from my old car onto my Nav. When it's due for renewal, I'll shop around, and definitely give Adrian Flux a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did the Go Compare thing and nearly died the cheapest quote i got was a few quid short of a thousand. The site redirects you to the LCV section, considering it was only Social Domestic and Leisure use that seems outrageous. I'll look up the sites mentioned above.

·
Premium Member
2008 Nissan Navara Aventura / BMW 650i / Saab 93 TTid
516 Posts
Hello All

I've been looking at a number of insurance threads and really can't believe some of the quotes you are seeing and now you've got me worried.

When I bought my Nav last year, I was still mid-policy and when I switched the vehicles over, I wasn't required to pay a top up. I think I was paying around £350.

While my renewal isn't due until October of this year, I did a quick check on comparethemarket.com as I've heard that premiums are on the rise and I'm getting a bit nervous having seen your quotations.

So, as a 39 year old male (40 this week) with two windscreen claims (one replacement and one repair) with 9 years no claims (I have 22 years but it seems all of the insurance companies I deal with only offer 9 years as maximum). Driving a 2008 Aventura 2.5 turbo diesel.

Social, Domestic & Pleasure with additional cover for driving my commute to work and other offices as and when I'm required.

12,000k miles per annum and I'm being quoted £238.97 with Admiral, fully comprehensive with my wife added as a named driver. £100 compulsory excess with no voluntary excess.

This drops to £207.70 if I reduce the mileage to 5,000 with the same insurer.

I appreciate that I may be covering far fewer miles than some of you guys and you are insuring yours for wholly business purposes, but the variance is extreme to say the least.

Does business use really increase premiums that much?

Cheers

Carouser

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
I appreciate that I may be covering far fewer miles than some of you guys and you are insuring yours for wholly business purposes, but the variance is extreme to say the least.

Does business use really increase premiums that much?
Like you, I was mid policy when I bought the Nav with Admiral. I just transferred it to my new truck. But like you, I've requested quotes on confused.com etc, and they come back as well over a grand!
30 years old, 7 years no claims, 1 windscreen replacement, 20,000 miles, of which 15,000 are business.

Adding business cover to my policy (without changing mileage) automatically boots my premium by about £200!

Not looking forward to July when my renewal is due.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Just changed my quote details to business use; 10k miles SD&P and 2k for business use carrying own goods as a sole trader.

Didn't change my quote at all - still £238.97.

Again though, half the mileage you are covering and much lower business mileage than you.

Still a huge difference?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi Carouser

On this side I was quoted €880 euro for full comp with my wife as named driver and no windscreen cover. Excess €350. It has just gone crazy altogether.
By the way happy birthday.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Hi Carouser

On this side I was quoted €880 euro for full comp with my wife as named driver and no windscreen cover. Excess €350. It has just gone crazy altogether.
By the way happy birthday.
Many thanks for your kind wishes. Not relishing the big 4-0 if I'm honest. Keep telling my eight-year-old daughter that I'm cancelling it this year. She gets upset because she just wants cake...

When others ask me what I'm planning on doing for it, I simply reply 'cry'.

As for the insurance quotes then clearly I'm fortunate but then I'm not really using it as a business vehicle and my mileage is low. I just hope my premiums remain as low when it comes to renewal in October.

Not really sure why I keep the wife on the policy as she's terrified of the size of the Nav and hasn't even tried out the driver's seat for comfort...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ha. Only started teaching my wife to get used to it yesterday. Same thing too big but you never know when an emergency might crop up. Don't worry about 4-0 you'll find that time just flys by when pass that milestone before you know it 5-0 Will be staring you in the face, trust me on that one.

Only way here is to go SD&P on commercial to get the road tax rate lower. Private is €1200.
Regards
MOC1

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
My Mrs loves it. And she's only 5'1 and a half (proves how short she is that she feels the need to add the 'and a half'). She just doesn't like parking it in a supermarket carpark.
Her dad used to have a Ranger, and she always liked that, so she was quite happy when I told her I was buying a Nav!

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Ha. Only started teaching my wife to get used to it yesterday. Same thing too big but you never know when an emergency might crop up. Don't worry about 4-0 you'll find that time just flys by when pass that milestone before you know it 5-0 Will be staring you in the face, trust me on that one.

Only way here is to go SD&P on commercial to get the road tax rate lower. Private is €1200.
Regards
MOC1
As Rod Stewart once said, "Life is like a toilet roll; once you get to the middle, the faster it unravels...".

All the best

Scott

·
Registered
103 Posts
Reactions: Jem

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has I’m picking my Navara next week rang admiral who I’m with now to see about ending the policy on my CRV and to see if they would insure the Navara -do a lot of business miles so even with the 9+ years no claims have to pay a lot I understand that but Admiral today told me that they could not insure the Navara BECAUSE it’s a CAR ( I believe it’s to do with the kerb weight and why a nav isn,t limited to Commercial vehicle speeds like the heavier RAnger and Amarok are) and they won’t cover business miles has its a car - I did point out they cover business miles in my car which is really a car - at which point the advisor himself began to sound a bit bemused by it all too! do insurance company really know what they are talking about - a bit like when you put your Reg no. in and it tells you the exact model THEN asks you how many doors and seats it’s has ? Like you have added a door or two to your car
Tried Adrian flux £1500! Greenlight won’t insure over £20000 vehicle cost, A Plan didn’t answer the phone....

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Has I’m picking my Navara next week rang admiral who I’m with now to see about ending the policy on my CRV and to see if they would insure the Navara -do a lot of business miles so even with the 9+ years no claims have to pay a lot I understand that but Admiral today told me that they could not insure the Navara BECAUSE it’s a CAR ( I believe it’s to do with the kerb weight and why a nav isn,t limited to Commercial vehicle speeds like the heavier RAnger and Amarok are) and they won’t cover business miles has its a car - I did point out they cover business miles in my car which is really a car - at which point the advisor himself began to sound a bit bemused by it all too! do insurance company really know what they are talking about - a bit like when you put your Reg no. in and it tells you the exact model THEN asks you how many doors and seats it’s has ? Like you have added a door or two to your car
Tried Adrian flux £1500! Greenlight won’t insure over £20000 vehicle cost, A Plan didn’t answer the phone....
Ring Admiral again. It makes quite a lot of difference who you talk to, especially if your call was overflowed to a secondary call centre.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts