Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

After some repairs at the dealership and a 30km trip popped the hood to let the car cool off outside temperature was 37C and noticed that the pipe coming from the turbo toward the intertcooler is not perfectly flush with the other pipe, I tried to move it down or up and its not moving, before this on the road I overtook 2-3 times reached 120kph and 3500rpm max car felt a bit laggy from 1500-2000rpm after that its normal, but I think it might be affected by the heat wave. Should I change something about that pipe or is this normally mounted ?

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just found an old photo of that pipe and it looks very similar. I will see what happens and probably next service I will have it reseated

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As an update what I did I started the car listened in that zone I can hear air passing threw that pipe cant check if air escapes because the big fan pushes a lot of air in the engine bay. I see the turbo actuator pulsing at idle, had somebody keep revs first at 2000 then2500 rpm and I diddnt see the big intercooler pipe swell it got a bit hard but didnt swell up. I found my OBD 2 dongle and will test tommorow to see how much boost I get.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So last night I found a chart with the boost the variable turbo should reach from Andy . This morning I reached 18-20 psi couldnt go over 3000-3500 rpm because of traffic, car felt better at 26C.These OBD2 dongles are great used torque app got to see how to get the log it recorded. Do you recommend a different app more suited for the pathfinder/navara d40 ?

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,137 Posts
Torque is fine for basic information. If you need more you will need to get a more sophisticated code reader, around €500.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had the day off weather was great and I decided to finish a couple of jobs that I had to do on the pathfinder,tackeled the boost pipe, everything went great I had somebody start the car iddled it for a couple of minutes then reving it at 2000 rpm I noticed that from the front side under the bumper came a lot of air, checked the left side didnt seem to be a lot of air coming, I checked the boost pipe no air was coming out from the intercooler side or towards the turbo,didnt see any pipes that could leak air . What could it be ?

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looked again this morning I also think its the radiator fan because i dont see what could create an air current

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After a 30km trip in which I think I did a pull from 60kph to about 90kph in 4th gear car handled ok, after I came home popped the bonnet to let it cool off and to my suprise the boost pipe has shifted up. When I tightened the clamp I maxed it out couldn't tighten it more, what could cause it to do this ?

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,137 Posts
As long as it is still connected it shouldn't be a problem.
Actually the original clip was a wire one, not a worm drive, the originals do grip better.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Googled those wire clamps they look sturdy, but when I searched whith the VIN on PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World I only get the worm drive as the OEM, will probably upgrade in the future to aluminum pipe or a solid silicone boost pipe. Could a clogged intercooler cause it to blow the pipes off ? I mention that I am not getting black smoke or even high fuel consumption and the intercooler was cleaned of oil 2 years ago.

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,137 Posts
It's possible the intercooler is partially blocked, more than likely that the 20psi of boost is pushing them off.
Maybe get some of those heavy duty hose clips (the type that need a spanner/socket) and give the connections a good clean and rough them up a bit.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When I refitted the boost pipe I just cleaned the oil from inside the pipes not the outter pipe walls that make contact so oil on those could have caused it to slide.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts