Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market to buy an 04-05 D22 Outlaw with between 20,000 and 36,000 miles on the clock.
After reading so many reports of the con rods coming through the blocks and so on I am incredibly dubious!!
What are your thoughts on this matter?
I don't really fancy a mitsubishi!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would go for a D40 but I only have 12000 quid to play with so that puts me well out of the D4 range

·
Registered
203 Posts
Fair play mate, It'd be way out of my price range as well, but my boss pays for mine!

Welcome to the forum / club / gang anyway!

I'm sure someone will be along that owns a D22 that will be able to advise you better than myself.

Matt

·
Registered
221 Posts
markyp1 said:
I'm in the market to buy an 04-05 D22 Outlaw with between 20,000 and 36,000 miles on the clock.
After reading so many reports of the con rods coming through the blocks and so on I am incredibly dubious!!
Just compare the number of reports to the number of perfectly 'healthy' D22s out there.
No brainer really.

It's the nature of forums really that contributors will post problems, rightly so, as a warning to others or to flag up a problem for diagnosis.

My 53 D22 has 34000 miles on it and I would be happy to have another one.

Go for one with a full Nissan Service record as the right type of oil is crucial for this type of engine with a relatively small capacity sump.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i drive an L200 for work so when I decided to get a truck buying the navara was an easy choice and one Iam glad I made. I bought just about exactly what you described. been very happy with it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is all quite encouraging I just pray I get a gooden.
I'm going to look at an 04 outlaw with 36000 miles, leather and a snug top, full Nissan service history and still under warranty so fingers crossed.
Will keep posted anyway.
Oh yeah........anymore comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
221 Posts
With full service history and warranty you should have no worries.

Nissan UK will let you extend the warranty if you wish.

·
Registered
976 Posts
don't forget its seems to be only the 2.5 litre motrs that are throwing the rods not the 3 litre.

d40 ver d22 ?? depends what you want in a vechile. the d40 is more upmarket than the d22. downside is its also bigger which can be a pain offroad.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
markyp1 said:
If i was you i'd think about the D40 first cause thats were this forums heading post up questions about the D22 you'll hardly get any answers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts