Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Contrary to my belief that ALL ISOFIX car seats fitted OK in ALL cars with ISOFIX points I have been doing some research into buying a car seat for a new born.

It seems that each ISOFIX seat should be tested with each ISOFIX appointed vehicle. The seat we are interested in hasnt been tested with the Navara DC. We are interested in the Britax ISOFIX base (in which an infant carrier clicks into). The normal Duo car seat which is ISOFIX has been tested OK with the Navara but NO double cabs at all are listed for the ISOFIX base.

Does anyone use, or can reccomend, or give any further information on ISOFIX and the D40 please?

Thanks In advance

Steve

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
att said:
Get a roof rack :wink: :lol:
There is room in the snugtop (its an XTR so the side windows open to give the kids air, lol) but the blacked out windows arnt tinted enough and think I would probably get done for cruelty.

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
ISOFIX child seats for tha Navara

Is anyone using a Isofix child seat in their Navara ?

Im looking into getting one, but with the Navara you need a Top Tether which clips onto a clamp behind the rear seat.
Which seems more trouble than fastenign the seat belt round a seat ?

I thought the idea of ISOFIX was to be Quicker / Easier and safer ?

I cant understand why a top tetcher is required ? ( this is BRITAX )

G

·
looks just like his dad... :lol: ....i'm lucky i dont need a car seat for my 10 year old ...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The ISOFIX system is designed to be fitted to a car and left there rather than been taken between cars etc on a regular occasion. So, the top thether should be fitted to the point behind the trucks seat but as the seat (or base for first stage seats) is semi permanent then this is a fit and forget thing.

Our OLD ISOFIX seat, like the pic you show stayed in our X-trail all the time really, only ever came out if I wanted to carry a large load or 5 adults with no child.

It is safer, you are supposed to spend 10 mins fitting it (or whatever) but fitting it right. Once fitted it just needs checking on occasion. This eliminates any chance of a non-ISOFIX seat been fitted in a hurry cos its raining etc.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.