Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Congratulations Ezzar, it’s about time somebody took the initiative to start a Forum for Navara’s owners

OK, a little about me! My name is John, I live in the North of England along with my wife, I have 2 kids but both have flown the nest (Thank God!), we own 2 cars and a scooter, work at sea as a Diving Systems Engineering Officer and I’m currently working in Angola. Thats enough about me, now to the Navara

I currently own a 2003 D22 Navara, Shiraz in colour. My Navara has been upgraded and converted for towing a Fifth wheel trailer caravan (www.fifthwheelco.co.uk). Prior to owning the Navara I was the proud owner of a 2002 Mercedes S500 however, my wife and I fancied “doing Europe” in a trailer so the Merc was killed off and the Navara/trailer was born!

I find the Navara very useful and easy to drive; my only issues with it are the noisy engine and tail happy grip! But on the whole I love it.

I recently looked into importing a NEW Nissan Titan 5.6 LE from the States but after contacting Nissan UK the stated they will “not” service the Titan and will not honour the Nissan US Warranty so that’s was the end of that.

I have just ordered a new D40 Navara Aventurer (Auto) complete with about £5K of options for towing the fifth wheel trailer. (Trailer is 3.5 tonne)

The following options are fitted to current D22 Navara and all but Nav system will be fitted to the Aventurer

- Fifth wheel superglide towing unit (100Kg).
- Suspension upgraded and pick-up now certified to tow 5.5 tonne.
- Air compressor and Volume tank for Trailer ABS air breaks & suspension.
- Pioneer AVIX-X1 Navigation system
- Reversing camera, switchable between Trailer and pick-up.
- Roller cargo hold cover
- Engine re-mapped to 162 BHP

Well that’s my story and reason for becoming a member of this forum, I have had quite a few problems with the ECU over the past year but that’s a story for another day.

John

·
Registered
481 Posts
Welcome John, and well done on a proper, very informative intro.

Bit of a pity about the Titan - I think we would have all liked to hear a bit more about that one...

Hope we hear plenty more about some of your unique upgrades, good to have you with us,

Ezz.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Welcome John. i agree with Ezza shame about the Titan!!
your set up sounds great would love to see some picks

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
will love to see pics of the 5th Wheel, i was looking at one of these a few months back :)

And again welcome to another D40 Auto Owner :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Navara towing a 3.5t fifth wheel traler

As some of you guys were interested in checking out my Navara and fifth wheel trailer I have posted the following image :arrow:

She's a cracker but the poor old Navara has to work like a pig when pulling up an incline over 6% otherwise the whole rig is totally stable and a doddle to pull.

http://www.nissan-navara.net/gallery/im ... jpd001.jpg

:D

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Same type of thing but the trailer is wider and longer than mine. My fifth wheel unit is built in UK and after viewing a couple of the American types as shown in this one on e-bay they are built a little bit on the cheap and flimsy style. My unit is built like a brick sh#t house and has only 1 slide out but enlarges the living area by 4 x 4 meters and is bolt to a much higher spec. Seems a reasonable price though however, a lot depends on the weight as this unit might need one of the bigger Yank V8 trucks to tow it!

Are you thinking of getting one Rich?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
jpd said:
Are you thinking of getting one Rich?
I'm not sure what to go for yet i've looked at tourers (which is one of the reasons why i bought my D22) i've also thought about campers and motorhomes then i noticed that item on ebay and remembered you had one on your avatar

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.