Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Finally took some pics over the weekend of my Navara Aventurer and 5th wheel trailer (only took me 3 months). I thought I would share them with the club!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I think the wheels are nice also; problem is they slightly stick out the Nav by about 1" and I have been informed that this will be a No No! when MOT is due?

All I need now is some chrome mirrors and door handles etc!

Sorry about the size of the pics by the way, I resized them several times but it seemed to have no effect when posting?

·
Registered
566 Posts
JPD,
Wheel Offset looks fine from what I can see...

AFAIK, if you look directly down from above, the tread at the top must be covered by the arch. Not the sidewall, just the tread.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dunc said:
JPD,
Wheel Offset looks fine from what I can see...

AFAIK, if you look directly down from above, the tread at the top must be covered by the arch. Not the sidewall, just the tread.
Cheers for the info Dunc; That’s good news, the tread is under the arch but the side wall is visible! (Aprox 0.75" visible on all wheels).

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Looks great :)

Have got to say im not a massive fan of Low Profiles on a Truck..
But...........

THose look spot on, they are not too much of a low profile to make it look like a Non Offroader, if you see what im trying to say.
The size of Rim and the profile of the tyre look great.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers Brian, I’m afraid I don't do any offloading other then when parking up the trailer in a field and then only if it's essential to get the trailer out of a rut. You can imagine what would happen if I selected 4x4 on normal roads! I think the gearbox/dif would get shredded cos of the load.

FYI: The wheels are 20" with 275/55/R20 tyres.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It looks like you have the 'in the channel' version of the window deflectors. Couple of questions if you don't mind?

Are you happy with them, and do they affect the operation of the windows? Also, if you take them out at a later date, is the window channel likely to be a poor fit due to the deflectors 'stretching' the rubbers?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
stubeedoo said:
It looks like you have the 'in the channel' version of the window deflectors. Couple of questions if you don't mind?

Are you happy with them, and do they affect the operation of the windows? Also, if you take them out at a later date, is the window channel likely to be a poor fit due to the deflectors 'stretching' the rubbers?
I'm happy with them, maybes could have been a little bigger at the front but they seem to do the job quite well and stop the wind buffering inside. The rear ones are a bit useless mind you! Not sure what they are supposed to do other than allowing the window to be slightly cracked stopping rain getting in?
When I first installed them the window slowed slightly when closing but after a few operations the windows close fine.

I'm not sure if they will stretch the window seals! They shouldn’t really but until I actually remove them I can't comment. My only concern really is the top of the glass rubbing against the Perspex. I know glass is much harder then the Perspex but I'm keeping a close eye on any scratches appearing on the top of the front windows.

They have been fitted now on the truck for nearly 2 months now and everything seems to be A-OK

·
Registered
257 Posts
That's a fine looking pickup and I like those wheels.

Shudder to think what the gas mileage is like and what the cost would be taking on a Ferry.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gasgasman said:
That's a fine looking pickup and I like those wheels.

Shudder to think what the gas mileage is like and what the cost would be taking on a Ferry.
Shudder away gasgasman: I get about 18MPG while towing!

But the good news is: The ferry is cheep - , the misses and I have recently booked a return ferry ticket on the Hull - Zebrugger ferry travelling in August this year- Total cost including outside VIP cabin == £253. (It cost me almost double that 3 years ago with my Merc and Caravan)!

NOTE: The train length of my whole rig is only 11.15 meters! Because 2 meters of the length of the trailer (total 8 meters) is located above the truck. (Trailer length behind truck is only 6 meters).

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jaimet said:
What a shame to ruin a great truck with a caravan!! :lol:
Good job I never bought a Caravan then isn’t it :wink:

·
Registered
34 Posts
OK, great! The wife saw your pics (she has the unnerving ability to creep up on me when at my PC, and peer over my shoulder) and has announced that I am a cheap git for wanting to buy a tent when a Navaravan would be much more comfortable.

Can you tell me where you got it from, is there a website?

·
Registered
222 Posts
very nice mate.......... if we had one of those we'd never be at home!!

Their yard used to be across the road from ourt house (now it's about 3 miles away). :wink:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts