Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, I've completely and utterly had enough of the faults on my av unit, the crappy support from Nissan and the prohibitive repair costs.

So IF I junk the radio and wire in a double din aftermarket unit (which I have no problem in doing) the heater controls need some attention. The easiest way would be if the earlier Navara centre dash section with the heater controls would simply plug into my V6 Navara loom. If that happened that would be happy days.

Or, do some aftermarket head units incorporate the heater controls into the display so it can be controlled from there?

Any help or advice would be welcome.

Thanks,

Wayne.

·
Administrator
11,565 Posts
Right, I've completely and utterly had enough of the faults on my av unit, the crappy support from Nissan and the prohibitive repair costs.

So IF I junk the radio and wire in a double din aftermarket unit (which I have no problem in doing) the heater controls need some attention. The easiest way would be if the earlier Navara centre dash section with the heater controls would simply plug into my V6 Navara loom. If that happened that would be happy days.

Or, do some aftermarket head units incorporate the heater controls into the display so it can be controlled from there?

Any help or advice would be welcome.

Thanks,

Wayne.
Here's my thoughts:

The dashboard centre for the lower spec 2010 to 2015 (ie double din) will allow you fit an aftermarket android head unit. I can't be sure if the aircon controls and led screen will just plug in, but for the 2005 to 2010 "downgrade" they did OK.

For aftermarket android head units you could plug into the OBD port and running an app like Torque and still have mpg and distance to empty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey catch22 could you please tell me what your problem was with your audio has mine has just gone up the spout and i also am getting no help from nissan and looking to get mine sorted. Was wondering if we had the same problems and hopefully find a solution. TIA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts