Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
21.7 mpg

Which is what i was expecting to be honest :lol:

Truck had me wife daughter and son, with luggage in the back.

Overtook many Range Rover Sports ;
A Toyota Landcruiser
Two Porka Caymen
VW Toureg ( V10 TDi )

:lol:

The Xenon headlights were the highlight, as its still dark in France at 8.30 in the morning, we left Disney at 7.30 AM

France don't have cats eyes :( so the bright white headlights really made things better :)

Navara was excellent at a high speed cruiser :)

No fines and no tickets :)

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
21.7 mpg in a Micra ! go for it :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
CONVERSION: L/100 km — km/L — mi/gal

To convert L/100 km into mi/gal or mi/gal into L/100 km, use the following formulas:

* L/100 km = 282.48 ÷ mi/gal
* mi/gal = 282.48 ÷ L/100 km

To convert L/100 km or mi/gal into km/L, use the following formulas:

* km/L = 100 ÷ L/100 km
* km/L = mi/gal × 0.354

Imperial and U.S. gallons

A “gallon” in this Guide refers to Imperial (or Canadian) gallons.

1 Imperial gallon = 4.456 litres

1 U.S. gallon = 3.785 litres

G

·
brian ,what kind of speeds were you doing mate.....

done a speed/mpg comparison yesterday with an auto box on the m4.
60 mph = approx 40/43 mpg
70 mph = approx 35 mpg
80 mph = approx 30/31 mpg

G

·
just had a thought dunc, on the auto theres a 'overdrive' button...did you have that off brian?

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NO i didnt have the handbrake on !

NO i didnt have overdrive off ( but i do on B road blasts ) ;)

Crusing for 3 hours between 100 and 110 ;)
On the French Roads

Then back down too 90 on the english ones :lol:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Mmmm. 110 MPH = 20 MPG Sounds about right I suppose. I do runs over to the Limousin in France about 5 or 6 times a year and I just cruise between 70 - 80 MPH and I'm getting 30 MPG but that is in an old 2002 D22 not one of these new shiny d40 fingys :lol:

What I have noticed though is that the standard Froggie diesel is not only cheaper but seems (to me anyway) more economical!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yea ummm sorry what I meant was that even tho it's cheaper to buy the Froggie Diesel seems to be a better brew. I seem to get better mpg/kpg than I do with the stuff they sell here. It does not seem to matter what brand it is either :? .

G

·
i know what you mean mate, maybe its the thought of it being cheaper that phsycologicaly makes you think its better...

·
Registered
134 Posts
I dont do phsycological :lol:

It could be also due to better refinement techniques or (and here is where the truth probably lies) it could that in France the roads are a lot clearer so if your on a trip for say 100 miles you can actually cruise at a nice constant speed without having to stop/start all the time or put up with roadworks and traffic like we do here. Where I live we got more cones than Mr Wippy! :roll:

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yep the Pay per view road was great in France, Not Cats eyes though :(

And a massive que at the tolls :(

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes our French friends don't go in for Cats eyes at all. Not seen as nessesary, god knows why :? But their road and transport system in general is much better than ours.

I'm suprised you got caught up in a massive Q at the tolls Brian. Was it rush hour Friday at the one on the northern side of Paris on the A1? If so then that would explain all as they like nothing better than "les vacances" :)

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It was South A1 on Dec 27th at 3PM

Doing about 100 and then Q !!!!!!!!!! a bit scary, but it didn't seem as if they are geared up for Ques.

As no one knew what to do, some where reversing up / turning around, it was typically French :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.