Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found an 05 D22 Navara Di Sport. Great spec, leather, 6 CD, rear load liner, snug top XTR, crome rear bumper, reverse park sensors etc, etc. 11.5 K (no VAT) And... its only done 10'300 miles .

Spent along time looking for the right one, because its a big investment for my family and we need a car thats going to meet my familys changing needs these days. Kids, bikes, daughters pony etc.

My problem and worry is the con rod / engine going bang issue. This car has never been serviced yet - since it was new. I'm no technician / mechanic, but to me it ran sweet as a new one on a very good test drive. Its had a lady owner and is as clean as a new car, as far as I can tell.

Will the lack of a service be a problem ? Is my Nissan MFG warranty concern justified ?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Steve :?

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Welcome to the site, my D40 has done 17K !! and is booked in for its 1st service at 18K

So a D22 doing 10K before a service will be fine.

Welcome to the site :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brian, Thanks.....

Apparently the D22 4x4 needs to be serviced @ 6000 mile intervals. I'm sure the car will be fine and its probably an over reaction having read some of the threads about the con rod failures on this site.

My experience with warranties / insurers over the years have left me a sceptic, in so much as if they cant stick it on someone else, they'll try and stick it on you! (Fortunately I've learned this from other peoples bitter experience rather than my own.)

I guess I'm just a little concerned that in the event of a warranty claim because it missed its first scheduled service @ 6K, they may say because the previous keeper didnt service it at Nissan recommended intervals, I cant make a claim in the event of something serious???

I 've had a NIssan Terrano before and found nissan to be a pain in the past over minor issues.

Steve

·
Registered
43 Posts
my car was three weeks till the end of warranty when I had a problem they nearly did not honour the warranty as it was one month over due a 6000 mile service . So just be carefull......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks....

Thats my concern. Its a great truck in MINT nick. It shows absolutely no sign of any kind of abuse what so ever. The engine sounds fine, theres enough power to pull a house over, which compared to my 2.2 16v petrol Frontera Sport, is a welcome change !

But its over 4K since it should have had a stamp in the book - and if they ever needed an excuse, thats the one for them and no doubt they'll use it, if i ever found myself in the situation.

I intend to get it serviced by Nissan as soon as I take delivery. I've even gone as far as telling the garage supplying it not to service it, because I want a Nissan stamp in the book. So I'm doing all I can to cover myself, in the hope I never need to call on it.

I have a fairly high mileage job too, which will mean atleast 3 Nissan services a year till the warranty runs out........

Its a done deal now so I guess time will tell. - What was up with yours?

Steve

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Good Man
Please to see another D22 on here, I have an 03 Outlaw only had it a month or so and its bloody brialliant
You'll love it, I have an Audi A4 on an 04 plate and cant wait to get home every night to go play in the truck!!
Enjoy
Paul - aka Sniffer

·
Registered
43 Posts
forgot to say though I love the truck and do not regret buying it at all, and I drive an L200 for work!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the positive comments....

I'm looking forward to the snug top... Great place to lock the kids. Up until now we've used the garage, but theres too many things for them to play with and they bang on the wall, which is quite a distraction.... :lol:

A colleague on the lifeboat crew is a driver for a regional recovery business - 3 city recovery, he said they dont recover D22's. They've never had one for mechanical failure that he's aware of. This gives me some confidence, cos they are very busy, especially at this time of the year.... :wink:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Re: Thanks for the positive comments....

stormchild said:
I'm looking forward to the snug top... Great place to lock the kids. Up until now we've used the garage, but theres too many things for them to play with and they bang on the wall, which is quite a distraction.... :lol:

A colleague on the lifeboat crew is a driver for a regional recovery business - 3 city recovery, he said they dont recover D22's. They've never had one for mechanical failure that he's aware of. This gives me some confidence, cos they are very busy, especially at this time of the year.... :wink:
Nah they will get out of the sliding windows...you should lock them in the cupboard under the stairs like I do :lol: :wink:

Seriously, recovery firms are a good source of info for breakdowns / vehicle reliability etc. Will try and see if i can get some stats from the AA / RAC etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cant do that...

We've got a bungalow !

:lol:

What doesn your SAR work entail?

I'm with Hornsea Inshore Rescue Boat, been on the life boat crew for a year. Were independant - not RNLI, which is a bummer cos that means we really get to struggle for all funding & kit. Very professional bunch mind, with some excellent pre LB experience.

Gonna enjoy me D22, but wont be getting salt water on this one !

Steve

·
Registered
321 Posts
If the d22 is 6k service intervals ( i thought it was 12k) then most people know a man who knows a man that owns a garage and can provide all sorts of stamps and receipts......................................

Not as I would ever condone any of those sort of things of course!!

Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts