Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 D40 Adventura

My key fob works perfectly every time, no issues. However, wifies key is playing up. It works intermittently and sometimes, if I us mine to lock/unlock a few times, hers will then spring into life. If hers isn't used for a few weeks, it dies again. I've tried a new battery, visually checked the circuit board for damage/burning and I've used electrical contact spray, all to no avail.

Any ideas please chaps?

·
Administrator
16,672 Posts
Two options.

Go to an auto locksmith and get them to sort it.

Or buy a key from eBay. Swap the circuit board from the new key to your wife's key. Then it is fairly simple to pair the key to the car.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Or buy a key from eBay. Swap the circuit board from the new key to your wife's key. Then it is fairly simple to pair the key to the car.
Really? I could do that?
Q1. why would I need to put the circuit board from the new key into my wifes key rather than just use the new key?
Q2. Either by link or text, could you please explain how to pair a key to my truck.

Many thanks

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts
Really? I could do that?
Q1. why would I need to put the circuit board from the new key into my wifes key rather than just use the new key?
Q2. Either by link or text, could you please explain how to pair a key to my truck.

Many thanks
I think he means so you can use your existing key blade rather than cutting a new one

·
Administrator
16,672 Posts
Yes, in addition there is a chip embedded in the plastic so the car can recognise the key.

Having said all that, most towns have at least one autolocksmith, they will probably be able to the whole thing quickly and cheaply enough.

·
Administrator
5,024 Posts
Yes, in addition there is a chip embedded in the plastic so the car can recognise the key.

Having said all that, most towns have at least one autolocksmith, they will probably be able to the whole thing quickly and cheaply enough.
Is the transponder in the key? I always thought it was mounted on the board!
That'll probably explain why I never got my backup key working.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts