Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have 2005 3L diesel d22

We are replacing the knuckle assembly as the thread for the locking nut is gone.

We have all the bolts off but the thing wont come out of the bottom piece, ill show a pic.

We tried using a puller screw thing which wont work and we tried hitting it with a hammer.

If anyone has any tips on how to go about it would be greatly appreciated :))

Any questions i will answer thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Generally if something like that is stuck a bit of heat from a blow torch will help loosen it up a bit
I recently had a similar problem with a lower arm and because i didnt have a torch I cut it out with a angle grinder! which wasn't a problem because i was replacing the arm anyway

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Generally if something like that is stuck a bit of heat from a blow torch will help loosen it up a bit
I recently had a similar problem with a lower arm and because i didnt have a torch I cut it out with a angle grinder! which wasn't a problem because i was replacing the arm anyway
Okay thanks, i dont think we have a blowtorch but could maybe find one, and how do you get it out once its loosened up? just rip it out with ur hands?

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
God no dont touch it with your hands it will be like 3-400°c !
Does the nut underneath come off or is that the problem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
God no dont touch it with your hands it will be like 3-400°c !
Does the nut underneath come off or is that the problem?
ye the nut comes off we just had it on whilst we were trying to knock it up wards. ASHAHAHAH and yea I dont have a torch so i just have to try get it off without lossening her up. Unless it comes down to it

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
I would think if you cant get any heat on it plenty of penetrating oil (not wd40) and a gear puller would get it off!
Failing that, new lower arm too?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would think if you cant get any heat on it plenty of penetrating oil (not wd40) and a gear puller would get it off!
Failing that, new lower arm too?
well thanks for ur help we tried a gear puller but didnt go on square enough and ye maybe new lower arm but was supposed to be a bearing job and now replacing knuckle and then replace lower arm too

·
Administrator
13,430 Posts
A cannister blow torch is just a few dollars from any DIY type store. It takes a while to get it hot enough, but has worked for me on many a stubborn suspension joint.
As above, an angle grinder and new parts is the final option.
Not just you, garages take the same approach.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A cannister blow torch is just a few dollars from any DIY type store. It takes a while to get it hot enough, but has worked for me on many a stubborn suspension joint.
As above, an angle grinder and new parts is the final option.
Not just you, garages take the same approach.
thanks a lot ill look into that, also someone said something about using cold temperatures can work aswell in this case?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts