Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Could anyone send me a picture off what leaf springs should look like unloaded have just left pick up into garage to get an overall check done as it has become very boat etc to be told buy mechanic that springs look ok and that the slight incline on one side is normal and that unless spring breaks it can’t wear ???

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping for a side on to see if iam correct in saying that mine are sagging and that it’s not in my head lol would that be true as in if the springs weren’t broke there fine?

·
Administrator
12,118 Posts
On the 2.5 engined models the springs start off with a bit of an arch, after a few years they do go flat. Not so much of a problem - as long as nothing is broken.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So if there not broke no need worrie. Could be something front end causing the wallowing??

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Yep, springs are pretty binary in terms of OK/not OK.
Shocks degrade and failing ones cause "wallowy"...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As in previous post I replaced back shocks 10 months ago with monroes hopefully they can find the reason today in garage

·
Administrator
12,118 Posts
measurement of the gap between the top the wheel and the wheelarch is a good comparator, mine is about `130mm

·
Registered
16 Posts
do from top of wheel arch to centre of the wheel.
it will mean if everyone measures like that it will take away the variation of tyre and rim size

also how large is the gap between the lower bump stop on the lower front arms and chassis plate.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What else would you guys replace tighten up the overall drive cornering etc. Pick up is 65000 on clock and all parts oringal?

·
Administrator
12,118 Posts
My first thought would be tyres and their pressures. Seems obvious, but often overlooked.
The front anti roll bar links are worth looking at too, fairly cheap to replace.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
My first thought would be tyres and their pressures. Seems obvious, but often overlooked.
The front anti roll bar links are worth looking at too, fairly cheap to replace.
Have to agree re the tyres esp the cheaper ones they have a habit of going soft and to much sidewall movement.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tyres have been on 12 months and only notice this last two months think I’ll leave my leafs in and get an extra leaf put on see if that helps

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Tyres have been on 12 months and only notice this last two months think I’ll leave my leafs in and get an extra leaf put on see if that helps
Surely that involves changing the whole spring anyhow? Not aware you could just add a spring, I thought they all came made up as drilled and fixed ! Obviously you could add helper springs but they only work at high loads,so wont improve normal handling. Leaf springs dont go soft they either work as rated or snap a leaf.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So why on this site do people mention sagging obviously that’s happens over time?? Your telling me unless spring breaks it fine and stays as rigid as when first put in ????

1 - 20 of 45 Posts