Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted LED headlight bulbs yet or know much about them? They appear to offer an affordable upgrade with prices of LED bulbs ranging from £5 to £45 and the light does look crisp and bright, plus you can now get cree LED's which are the same as I have in my lightbars and I think they are good.

I am worried though that these could look like a badly fitted HID kit and blind other road users. Does anyone know about these before I go ahead an purchase anything? Cheers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
A friend has those exact led lamps in his Defender with crystal headlamps and they are really good, very crisp light output, and no glare. Much better than anything else i have seen on the market. They are getting on for 6 months old now too and still work perfectly.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey buddy, i recently fitted a set to my D40 and they are so good! A lot brighter and gives you improved visibility at night and they look good as well. Paid £37 for mine

·
Administrator
12,668 Posts
As often discussed, neither Hids or Leds are legal as retrofit. Because the actual point where the light is produced is different from a halogen, they will dazzle on coming drivers and should fail an mot. (the Defender replacement includes a new reflector, so that is ok)

What is really annoying is that the hids fitted as standard on many cars are terrible for dazzle. This time of year I often turn on my front fogs on the unlit roads just to get an idea of where I am going.

·
Premium Member
15,733 Posts
Hey buddy, i recently fitted a set to my D40 and they are so good! A lot brighter and gives you improved visibility at night and they look good as well. Paid £37 for mine
Given the controversy over these bulbs we would love to see pictures of the beam spread against a wall. Both high and dipped beam.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Proof if ever you need it as to why these kits/bulbs are illegal. I think thats one of the worse beam patterns i've seen from a Nav.

I do agree with Landmanns earlier post though, i don't know how so many manufacturers are getting away with their headlights being aimed as high as they are, a lot i see are not far off horizontal.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hello all hope your all well .
I'm looking to wire up led sequential drls on my d40 2005 . It has 3 wires on each . Being one black (ground)one red (live)one yellow (turn signal .
Please can I have some advise on a easy way to wire these in .
Thanks in advance .

·
Administrator
12,668 Posts
Probably the easiest way for the drl bit is to buy a drl relay kit off somewhere like eBay. That will mean you only get the DRLs when the engine is running and the headlights are off.

The indicator just needs picking up from the feed to the front indicators.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The yellow goes to indicator obviously .the black goes to ground/earth . Where would red/ live go ??? I do have a piggy back fuse wire thingy . But which fuse should I go for as only want drl on when ignition on. Please help

·
Super Moderator
4,472 Posts
Yes the black can go to any good earth
I have drls which come on with ignition I fed them from a fuse in the engine bay (the small upright box near the back right as you look in) if i remember tomorrow ill have a look which fuse i used

1 - 20 of 27 Posts