Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!
So I'm in the process of stripping down my wingmirrors, well I say in the process they already are.
I didn't like the chrome covers so I've sprayed them and in the next couple of days I'll be hydro dipping them, anyways I have the indicators off and one of them has a bit of moisture in which I was going to clean however I've had a fiddle and the lenses seem pretty well sealed.
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on a way to remove the lenses from the actual led units? I didn't know if the old "headlight in the oven" trick would work but then it's not just a headlight casing as it obviously has leds running through it? Anyone got any ideas?
Furniture Purple Rectangle Automotive design Armrest

·
Administrator
15,479 Posts
I'm sure the thing is completely sealed. Heating it up might work, but expensive to replace if you get it wrong.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I am aware, as i had my mirrors all apart I thought I'd get 2 new ones as both of mine had cracks in, one of which had starting going green and horrible, at the time not realising just how expensive they were, I managed to get one from a scrappy for £20 it's not damaged just a bit cloudy inside.
So just need to find a passenger one as £80+ just for one seems rather extortionate!
I didn't know if the oven trick would work or if it would just melt the led's?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts