Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I’m new to this
just wanted some advice about lifting my D40 Navara I was looking at the front spacers and shackle kit (2 inch lift and I don’t want to lose the comfort) are they any good I don’t do a lot of off road driving just want a bit more clearance for when I do
Do I need to change the brake lines as well any help would be much appreciate

·
Administrator
13,939 Posts
Hi all I’m new to this
just wanted some advice about lifting my D40 Navara I was looking at the front spacers and shackle kit (2 inch lift and I don’t want to lose the comfort) are they any good I don’t do a lot of off road driving just want a bit more clearance for when I do
Do I need to change the brake lines as well any help would be much appreciate
Welcome along.

I have moved your post to the D40 exterior modifications section. There is a useful sticky at the top of this section called "so you want to lift your D40".

What you have suggested will work ok without affecting the ride. It won't require new brake hoses.

It won't make a huge difference off road, but does give you the option to fit larger tyres (which will make more of a difference)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your help much appreciated
Welcome along.

I have moved your post to the D40 exterior modifications section. There is a useful sticky at the top of this section called "so you want to lift your D40".

What you have suggested will work ok without affecting the ride. It won't require new brake hoses.

It won't make a huge difference off road, but does give you the option to fit larger tyres (which will make more of a difference)

·
Registered
209 Posts
i just used that method to lift mine and i think the truck looks meaner/higher and have also put wheel spacers so have a set of 255 75 17 bf goodridge to go on next:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome along.

i just used that method to lift mine and i think the truck looks meaner/higher and have also put wheel spacers so have a set of 255 75 17 bf goodridge to go on next:)
ok cool what size front spacers are you using and how high lift did you get

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Geoffsnook
After putting the lift in did you have to change any other suspension parts ?
Only asking as when I rang to book it in for a wheel alignment they want me to change upper arms and other parts
Thanks for your time

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ni did nor but i do believe there is a camber kit which lets you adjust it you can get for them try a search on here let me know what you come up with

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ni did nor but i do believe there is a camber kit which lets you adjust it you can get for them try a search on here let me know what you come up with
[/QUOTE
But you can get a camber kit though cant you or is that for more than a 2 inch lift ?
i was told that I won’t need a camber kit for a 2 inch lift but I will find out today as it goes in for a wheel alignment

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great let us know need to get mine checked
Took my car in to day they said they couldn’t get the camber right ( I think it’s camber) top of tyres are sticking out a little can’t see by eyes they recommend I change top control arms to adjustable ones

·
Registered
209 Posts
Have a look here mixed reviews i think it may depend on garage

1 - 16 of 16 Posts