Nissan-Navara.net banner

Limp mode ?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  JPMC 
#1 ·
Having trouble with my 2007 d40, starts up ok and pulls away then after a short distance it doesn't seem to have any power especially when pulling away from a standstill or pulling out of a turning, it's a automatic but seems like it's not running through the gears probably jumps sometimes also keeps stalling if you don't keep revs up when breaking, (left foot on brake)
Once stopped then started again it goes the same way, ok at first pull away then same as. Any ideas please

#2 ·
Having trouble with my 2007 d40, starts up ok and pulls away then after a short distance it doesn't seem to have any power especially when pulling away from a standstill or pulling out of a turning, it's a automatic but seems like it's not running through the gears probably jumps sometimes also keeps stalling if you don't keep revs up when breaking, (left foot on brake)
Once stopped then started again it goes the same way, ok at first pull away then same as. Any ideas please
Missed telling that it's ok in reverse and engine light comes on and stays on until it isn't used for a while, there's no set pattern

#3 ·
My engine light came on during a drive home once and the truck went into "limp" mode. The fault in my case was water in the fuel pump, which I googled and fould out how to drain it from the bottom of the fuel pump in the engine bay.

Might not be your issue but only a few minutes to try draining any water out....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.