Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just interested to know if anyone has used liqui moly to flush out the gunk from their intake manifold etc, if so really curious to know where they disconnected the intake hose and started blasting away.
03 str 3.0 ltr td

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
So you are saying the crud, and the chemicals used to remove it, all washes down into the cylinders to get burned? Doesn't sound too appealing to me...

·
Super Moderator
4,292 Posts
Is this the same idea as terraclean? Cos ive heard good things about that on a sports car but never on a navara!

·
Super Moderator
4,292 Posts
So you are saying the crud, and the chemicals used to remove it, all washes down into the cylinders to get burned? Doesn't sound too appealing to me...
Itll clean the intake , cylinder and valves good and proper but id have massive concerns over the cat and dpf catching all that crud

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
What about the cylinder linings, piston rings, oil, valves etc?
At least the cat and DPF are not moving parts!

Sorry, I'm just not convinced by pricey, magic chemicals, which I suspect may well give a short term boost but in the longer term, new problems, for some undefined issues that may need a more physical solution....

·
Administrator
2,363 Posts
Why do you suppose you have an accumulation of gunk to begin with? What symptoms are you experiencing? Perhaps we could help make sure there’s nothing else happening?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts