Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

The load liner in my truck is not one which goes over the top of the sides (hope this makes sense) it stops before the hood and does not fit under it.
However it is thin and I want to replace it with one of the thicker over the top ones, but I see a problem !
Do these liners have access doors in them to let you into the rear lights to change a bulb? At the moment all I need to do is unscrew a self tapper and pull the liner oput the road but an under the canopy one would need the canopy removed and the liner lifted out just to change a bulb or am I being rather stupid?
Someone please help.

MEANT TO SAY IT'S AN 05 PLATE D22 DOUBLE CAB.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
All you need is two holes in the liner to access the two bolts that holds the rear light in, once these bolts are unscrewed, the light comes out on the outside of the truck for bulb replacement
Hope this helps

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.

Having looked behind my liner tonight I see that this would be possible but do these liners come with the holes marked for drilling at the correct pitch or do you need to measure and drill yourself, It could look untidy if you get it wrong or even just a bit out.

Surely there must be a pattern for drilling etc......
Any thoughts ?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Its really not that difficult Petrolhead.

Just remember to use a drill on a slow setting as it cuts through custom liners in seconds.

It might also be worth your while to drill larger holes at either side at the cab end so that you can still use the tie down points.
I used a large circular drill bit used for larger holes in woodwork.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts