Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys this is my first post so be gentle :D

I've fallen in love.

My mate has a Black Rally Raid and I want one. The car is something else but I'm stuck with a MASSIVE dilemma that I can see no way around with out some major surgery.

I'm quite a big guy and after trying various positions (ohh err missus :twisted: ) I cannot fit into the cab to drive the car properly. My right knee gets jammed either between the steering wheel or the daft sticky out mirror - window switch pod/door handle in the door card.

I either need to move the steering wheel up or chop the door cards. Does anyone know if moving the steering wheel up about another inch-2 inches is possible, btw its currently as high as it will go and to me the highest setting seems very low. I don't want to get into fabricating new door cards as thats more work than even someone as keen, and technically incompetent as I am willing to do. Frustratingly enough I fit in the D40 models (was sitting in an outlaw the other day) but I really want a Rally Raid

I hope you guys can help as this is breaking my heart.

Many Thanks
Garrick

G

·
the old navara is indeed a tight fit compared to the d40..other than changing the seats i cant think of anything that might help mate....cant you go for a d40..

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Welcome to the boards :)

I'd have thought changing the drivers seat / modifying the base rails would have been easier than trying to mess about with the steering column.

Think Recaro used to do universal seats and adjustable bases, perhaps they still do.

Bob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the replies guys.

I was thinking about the seat change thing but wasn't sure how much extra room this would give. It may be enough, but will need to get the measuring tape out :D

I like the D40 but to be honest I reckon the look of the previous model specifically the rally raid style (minus side steps etc.) is a bit better. Plus I do think that as standard Nissan found the smallest wheels for the D40 they could and chucked them on. They look like they would be better suited to a Micra rather than a pick up 4x4, ok maybe an exaggeration but you get the idea.

Cheers
Garrick

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm only 6'2 and a bit more with my high heels on :lol: (big legs from playing rugby)

I fit in the D40's no worries. I just prefer the look of the older models.....

Might have to bite the bullit and look at D40's

Cheers
Garrick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts