Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I know the answer to my own question here 馃檮馃槀 But just in case... I have an issue with loss of power. Usually in 3rd but all through gears it won't have the power it should when I put my foot down a bit. Sometimes it's absolutely fine, other times I squeeze more to get going and there is almost nothing, but then it'll come alive and give me the power it should have 馃馃 Say at 30-40 mph I give more acceleration and instead of giving me the usual torque and power to push on, it kind of lacks it for a while. Starts and idles ok. It kind of gets stuck at times too I suppose, has never gone into limp mode as far as I know, I'm sure this would be fairly obvious if it did. I'm thinking SCV is the issue? 2014 34k miles. Manual. Cheers 馃槉馃憤馃徎

Administrator
It's possible, normally the SCV affects idle though.
Have a read through this

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This looks like a great write up! Thanks Landy. I'll check all this first and report back if I do sort the issue for others 馃憤馃徎

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I thought I'd do the decent thing and update you with this since I noticed the loss of power.

After many weeks figuring things out, it appears that the issue was my EGR valve.

I had taken the link pipe off from the throttle body and the valve and inspected it. I couldn't believe that state of it inside!! This truck only has 37k miles and the amount of gunk, soot and God knows what was clearly stopping the valve from opening properly causing it to lose power.

New valve has gone in however I have still got the find a way of cleaning out the throttle body (left side of the engine) as the exhaust gas will pass through here once it's passed the EGR.

I initially thought it was the BCV however as the truck is a facelift (2014) it does not have one, but instead has an automated one on the turbo.

These are some of the pictures I took of the gunk.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

This was AFTER I cleaned out the link pipe with EGR cleaner. The amount of soot build up was phenomenal to be honest. I'd imagine the amount of trucks running around with this inside is through the roof.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts