Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Chaps.
Sorry I haven't posted in a while but I'm trying to get my house finished so I can move in before Christmas. Living in a caravan has gotten beyond a joke :x

Anyway, I bought the Navara on the 1st September this year. I traded in a Vauxhall Combo van as a part ex. The dealership reckoned they couldn't settle the small amount of finance left on the van, on the day and blamed the van finance company for this.

Since then I discovered that the finance company had taken another payment form my account several days after I chopped in the van. I rang the dealership and they again blamed the finance company.

They had also failed to pay me the balance owing to me, on the part ex.

Since that time I also cancelled the Snugtop I'd ordered with the Navara as I felt they were messing me about.

With the Snugtop and the balance of the part ex, they owe me approx £3.8k.

The last time I spoke to the salesman I complained that the finance had not been settled and asked them to reimburse me for the further payment that the finance company had taken from my account.

They refused to do this and suggested I take it up with the finance company.

Anyway i found out yesterday that the f*ckers still haven't settled the finance and the finance company are now chasing me for 'defaulting' on a payment.

I've tried explaining the situation to them but as far as they are concerned I am still legally liable for the vehicle.

The dealership are giving me the right runaround. The salesman is on holiday and the dealer principle is off sick,. I found out today that the dealer principle is the salesman's father anyway, so is unlikely to give him much of a bollocking.

Can I complain about what's happening to anybody?

The Navara is on Finance with RBS, would they help?

Would Nissan UK help?

Sorry for all the questions but I am mega stressed about this and could do without the aggravation.

I did think about driving down on Sunday but don't trust myself not to stick one on the smarmy, slimy tw*t :oops:

Cheers

Andy Brown

·
Registered
279 Posts
Andy,

need to establish a couple of facts here before i can help

1) the van that was traded in was it Lease, HP or bank loan?
2) was it left to the dealership to settle the account?
3) did you take out finance on your new purchace? if so what type?

sorry for all the questions but i need to get this info sorted to see where exactly you stand. if you do not want to air it in the public forum then please P.M. me

Jayk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jayk, Theres no need to PM you, I'm so mad at the moment I'm telling anyone who'll listen :(

1) the van that was traded in was it Lease, HP or bank loan?
The old van was leased. The agreement only had until December to go whereupon my options were
i. sell van and pay finance company a small fee (about £90 from memory)
ii. Trade van in (which is what I did)
iii give it back to Finance company.
iv pay Finance company a 'peppercorn' rental fee of £275 a year and keep running the van

2) was it left to the dealership to settle the account?
I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but what happened was: I run a company (as well as my other occupation). Having agreed a deal with Moss Rose Nissan they agreed to take the van off me in part-ex and settle the finance. They also asked me to generate a sales invoice for £2350 inc VAT which I did.
On the 1st of September the balance owed on the finance was approx. £1135 leaving a balance of £1215 which the dealership were supposed to pay back to me.
The salesman reckoned that they couldn't settle the finace that day as the settlement figure was out of date and they were having difficulty contacting the finance company to get another faxed over.

As it was the 1st of September I accepted that they couldn't get through to the finance company ( I figured they would be extremely busy with all the new car finance starting that day.) The salesman told me that they would sort the settlement out as soon as they could get a figure from the finance company and would send on the cheque for the balance in a few days time.

3) did you take out finance on your new purchase? if so what type?
I'm ashamed to say I can't remember what the finace is called. I own the vehicle at the end of the deal but there is a balloon payment to make which kept the repayments down. It's been purchased through the company I own so that I could claim back the VAT element of the cost as well as paying a flat rate yearly amount for my own use.

The finance is through Lombard (RBS)

Thanks
Andy Brown

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just edited my original post for some of the swearing.

I'd also like like to point out that I fully realise that not all car salesmen are lying b*******ds :lol:

Oh and I appreciate your interest in this Jayk

Thanks

AB

·
Registered
279 Posts
Andy,

sorry another question

1) did you get an invoice for the navara (you must have done to be able to claim the VAT) if so does it show the van as a part exchange?

Navara 22,500
Less Dep 2500(does it show the van as the deposit?)
Balance 20,000

that is just an example :lol:

2) when you transfered ownership was it to the dealer?

do not get me wrong i am not a leagal person but used to work for a finance company so i do know my way around your leagal status 8)

i have seen too many people stitched up by the dealers and finance companies jerking there leagal obligations so i am glad to try and help

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi mate.
Sorry I've not been back before now.

The invoice doesn't show any details of the part-ex. The dealership issued an invoice to the finance company and the invoice I've got is from the finance company.

The transfer of keeper details was to the dealer. I just got the little slip of paper from the V5 with the dealers details to send off to the DVLA.

Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Who was the saleman?
Colin? Andrew?
I've just bought a Navara Outlaw from them and they were excellent.
Promised me a 1 week delivery, and lived up to it. Even gave me a £60 cheque back as mine is the latest spec which is cheaper to tax and I had transferred payment to them the day before.
Colin has been away on holiday, so if it was him he actually HAS been on holiday, and also he doesn't normally work Fridays as he's often in at the weekends.

I found Moss Rose to be the cheapest main dealers for my Navara, thats why I went 90+ miles out of my way to use them, and to save 2 1/2 grand off list price.

And one more thing, finance companies are total a**holes when it comes to giving settlement figures to garages for some reason.

Just my 2p's worth on the matter.

Bob

PS. I traded in my old Honda and they gave me the price I wanted in part ex without even seeing it. Didn't have any probs. My part ex was bought cash, and the Navara was bought cash. Had too many run in's with finance companies in the past and would NEVER buy a car on finance now, its just not worth the hassle.

·
Registered
279 Posts
that is good news, and i do not have to write chapter and verse for you now either.......phew.
tell them you will go and collect it 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.