Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've searched the forum and can't find a solution to this..
I have a 2012 nav with a 3.0 v9x engine, purchased used with EML on and MAF trouble codes. I bought it thinking the maf was an easy fix but I was wrong.
I have changed the MAF twice, cheap sensor first then a genuine and still the codes are there. reset the ecu multiple times with an obd11 scanner but the come right back.
when I bought the pickup it would stall randomly and idle rough on first start up for about 5 seconds. after changing the maf those issues are gone but I am now getting black smoke on acceleration and as I said, the eml stays on with maf and intake air temp codes. went to a technician and he said all the wiring is ok and it might be my ECU. I have checked for broken hoses but all seem OK. any suggestions? this is driving me crazy.. especially now that I'm getting the black smoke

·
Administrator
11,702 Posts
The engine should run with the MAF unplugged, see if that makes a difference.
There is a vacuum controlled boost control solenoid, a couple had these play up on the navara.asia forum. That would cause the smoke.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.
Vehicle runs the same with the sensor disconnected. It's like the ecu is completely disregarding the MAF sensor.
Any way to test the boost control solenoid?

·
Administrator
11,702 Posts
Not the first to have the uneven ide

Agree it sounds like the ECU isn't talking to the MAF. Worth checking the intercooler hasn't split, not sure it would cause your problem though.

When you look at the MAF and intake temperature on your OBD scanner, are you getting sensible readings? (from memory the MAF should go from 0 to 120)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will check the intercooler for leaks with some soapy water.
I have a cheap obd scanner so The MAF readings show grams/second. It doesnt change by more than 0.2 of a gram when I rev the engine. I will double check and post the readings.

·
Administrator
11,702 Posts
No need to check with soapy water, there will be a big oil stain normally on the engine side.

I use the Torque app with a cheap old bluetooth obd, not sure what it measures the MAF in though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No oil stain and no obvious signs of a leak. MAF obd readings are 332-330g/s. It decreases as I rev the engine. I'm thinking it should be opposite.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts