Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, My gearbox is holding in gear, from 3rd onwards, done a diagnostic and came up with, manual mode switch, cleared the code and in changed gear properly, shift the gear stick to the left for sport mode and its ok for a little time, shift back to auto mode then back to sport, and it dos'ent engage, and instrument cluster shows the d, and not d.s. plug in diagnostics and fault code is back saying mode switch. can anybody tell me were the mode switch is located, i'm guessing at the bottom of the gear stick.

· Administrator
17,495 Posts
Hi all, My gearbox is holding in gear, from 3rd onwards, done a diagnostic and came up with, manual mode switch, cleared the code and in changed gear properly, shift the gear stick to the left for sport mode and its ok for a little time, shift back to auto mode then back to sport, and it dos'ent engage, and instrument cluster shows the d, and not d.s. plug in diagnostics and fault code is back saying mode switch. can anybody tell me were the mode switch is located, i'm guessing at the bottom of the gear stick.
Correct, a couple of people have had problems with this on this forum.

· Registered
7 Posts
Hi, Please let me know if you manage to sort this, I'm having the same issues, Nissan dealership checked all three micro switches and OK'd them. Code P1815 keeps popping up and the "S" mode does not engage. Apparently the manual shift Micro switches are controlled from the instrument cluster - will post if I have any feedback - Good luck.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, Please let me know if you manage to sort this, I'm having the same issues, Nissan dealership checked all three micro switches and OK'd them. Code P1815 keeps popping up and the "S" mode does not engage. Apparently the manual shift Micro switches are controlled from the instrument cluster - will post if I have any feedback - Good luck.
Hi. I was told the mirco switch that controls the shift between sport and manual, is located in the gear stick, so i purchased a second hand one, I plugged it in and pushed gear lever to the left and the dash cluster came up with sport mode, pushed gear lever up and it selected manual mode, unplugged it removed old gear lever and installed second hand one, put all the centre consol back and tryed it again and its was ok, drove down the road and it stopped working in sport or manual mode, so i'm back to the same problem. every time i clear the fault code, its works, for about a mile than back to the same problem, so i'm still no better of, if I do sort it out I will let you know,.

· Registered
7 Posts
Hi. I was told the mirco switch that controls the shift between sport and manual, is located in the gear stick, so i purchased a second hand one, I plugged it in and pushed gear lever to the left and the dash cluster came up with sport mode, pushed gear lever up and it selected manual mode, unplugged it removed old gear lever and installed second hand one, put all the centre consol back and tryed it again and its was ok, drove down the road and it stopped working in sport or manual mode, so i'm back to the same problem. every time i clear the fault code, its works, for about a mile than back to the same problem, so i'm still no better of, if I do sort it out I will let you know,.
Thanks, almost sounds like you are driving my pick-up :) exact same symptoms - one thing I've noticed is that the "S" mode is more likely to work when the vehicle is cold (first start in the morning) and then fails 5 mins down the road. Some noticeable symptoms after the "S" stopped working is more aggressive down-gearing when slowing down or approaching a stop and less power on full throttle. Not sure if this is related, but I get a constant G-Sensor fault each time I do a diagnostics to try and clear the P1815 [email protected] will ask the dealer if they can do a complete software reset.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, almost sounds like you are driving my pick-up :) exact same symptoms - one thing I've noticed is that the "S" mode is more likely to work when the vehicle is cold (first start in the morning) and then fails 5 mins down the road. Some noticeable symptoms after the "S" stopped working is more aggressive down-gearing when slowing down or approaching a stop and less power on full throttle. Not sure if this is related, but I get a constant G-Sensor fault each time I do a diagnostics to try and clear the P1815 [email protected] will ask the dealer if they can do a complete software reset.
Yeah I'm getting a g-sensor fault code as well, so must be related, I've tried another gear stick but same problem.

· Administrator
17,495 Posts
Hi guys.
Im having the same problem don't go to S or manual did anyone find the fault...
Welcome to the forum.

This person on navara asia found a problem with the instrument panel which solved it, assuming the microswitches in the gear selector are fine.

· Registered
1 Posts
Good morning guys, I'm new here. I also have the same problem with a Navara, have any one solve it jet. Some person before me tryed fixing it with 2 Diodes. The thing is one moment is work perfectly and then it starts giving problems again. I will appreciate any information. Thank you.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

Seems I'm having a similar issue with my Pathfinder.

I'm going to replace the shifter assembly this week and try that first up.

Anyone else actually solve the issue?

Here is the info on my fault

· Registered
32 Posts
Hi All,
I too am having this issue but when i try to engage sports mode on the gearbox and the s does actually appear on the dash, shortly after, all the instrument cluster lights go out. They do come on again, maybe accompanied with the beep for low fuel, even if the tank is full. This can happen many times over and this morning was like disco lights.
Obviously a fault with the instrument cluster.
I was thinking of sending it off to one of those instrument repair companies, as I can't find a second hand replacement.
Has anyone had any experience of this or repaired their own unit?
Many thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts