Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Navara 2x4 2,3 Double Cab
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I experienced a funny failure yesterday with a navara 2,3 DC (NP300) I am from south Africa and am not sure what all your vehicle names are but here we just call it a Navara and the NP300 is more a workhorse.

The Temp were 45Deg Celsius average on a 750 km trip thus very hot and 3 km before i arive at Springbok a town in an arid area the Navara red engine light went on veh gave few jerks and temp shot up average speed then were 120 km/h.

took speed down to 60 km/H 1 km further the red engine went away and temp normalised. we stopped and saw the radiator fluid all over the show. Took it to the dealer luckily in town closest other about 275km away and found the following.

The airconditioning pully chew the radiator pipe. and thus the massive loss of fluid.

Is it an commen issue out of your experience as a small tie strap binding it away from pully can solve it. normal clearance about 10mm.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2019 Navara 2x4 2,3 Double Cab
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx

Seems like it what facinates me is that no technical recall has been issued.
will definately make sure the Dealer put in a Technical report in order for them to prevent this in future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts