Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hy i'm still running my motor in its an outlaw with only got 600 miles on the clock and its averaging 25 miles to the gallon round town and 28 on a longer run. Is the mpg about right and will i get a better return when its run in. I don't have any back or cover on the motor yet.cheers dave :wink:

·
Registered
78 Posts
on a us site ware they did a test on pickups they did a 10 mile run with no cover then the same 10 miles with a cover and the result was a very slight difrens in mpg which they thought could be down to wind speed so i dont thing a cover is going to make much of a difrence
am prity shure the engine is runin on the bench before it get to the car
id stil take it easy for the first 1000 to 2000 miles though
i only got one run in my nivara before it went back due to bad paint work i went to viset a frend 70 miles from me on the way there i got 14 mpg (hamerd it) on the way back i got 34 mpg (took it easy) o and it was a auto
so 28 mpg seams about right for normal driving wouldnt expect much more

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers zipo thanks for the info mate. Got my black outlaw a week ago yesterday. The bonnet was scratched when i picked it up but the dealer is getting it sorted tuesday (can't see the bloody scratches for mud at the moment :shock: better get it washed before tuesday) Can't fault in apart from that though. :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
25 in is the norm for mine But when i tried " Old man with pipe mode" last week i managed 32 !!!!!!

needless to say its back at 25 now :lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hy just got back from a drive down the motorway 120 mile round trip.I set the cruise control at 70 miles an hour :shock: (yeh i know retirement and slippers mode ) and averaged 32 to the gallon not bad for a big motor eh :wink:

·
Registered
101 Posts
my rally raid is averaging 30-34 driving normally, cant get away with keeping it at about 85 mph on motorway (about 3500 rpm) and it is still ok! go slightly over it and it reduces dramatically!

as an experiment, had me and 3 big guys in the car, guns, rucksacs, equipment and *****. nailed it off the clock on a full tank!
had to fill up afetr 286 miles, it was just above the line. i'll let someone else work out the mpg on that one.......

rgds
kenny

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am getting 31 round town normal driving on a run 37.5 sticking below 90(autobahn ofcourse) a faster return trip 200 mile and 31 but it did get thrashed.

I also have a tuning module fitted, this improved low end grunt and improved mpg.

·
Registered
39 Posts
mpg

My Rally Raid fuel consumption varies hugely on how I drive it. Drive like an old fart & get 32/33 MPG. Drive spiritedly round the lanes & over 85 on the motorway, 24/25. However if I put a large Brian James enclosed trailer on the back loaded up with car & spares, ( over 2 ton), stick to 60, 24/25 go up to 70/75, 20/21 mpg.

Interestingly when I tok my car to the dealers & they loaned me a Micra 1 litre, driving it at 85/90 mph on the motorway it was less econmical than the Navara. Take note all you green do gooders.

Ken.

·
Registered
336 Posts
My computer is reading >35.

I reset it when we got it, so a pretty real world figure for us. Combination of Motorway, A roads, town driving etc.

Really chuffed with it. Worth pointing out mine was an ex-demo and had 8k on it when I got it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
my new d40 euro 4 engine (nissan replacement) is only returning 25mpg at best only had it a week so its still only got 350 miles on it.
my old one d40 05 plate was retuning 35 mpg most of the time.
the old one was mint at fuel but not put together very well ????
hope the new one gets better.

·
Registered
139 Posts
no idea of MPG but from a full tank I get 430 miles (also chipped)

·
Registered
321 Posts
I get anything from 430 to 510 a tank.

When the computer says 36 over a run of 200 miles, brimming it shows 32/33. When computer says 33, brimming it shows 30/31.

To me, even 30mpg is pretty good!!

Steve

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.