Nissan-Navara.net banner

141 - 160 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Not at all, i'm always like this with my cars.
I love to take out the best of everything.

Finished the climate panel. The LCD light is again white and polariser film in normal position. With the film reversed, in daylight it can barely seen. I just reduced the brightness to be acceptable in the night.

Replaced all tweeters with Hertz. Now the sound is brilliant.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Somehow my dad managed to break the left tail lamp.
As the original one is veeeeeery expensive, i want to buy a new one from China together with the pair, to be both the same.
Do you have any experience with chinese aftermarket tail lamps?

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
I had a Chinese tail lamp and it was direct replacement although it didnt have a red lens inside for the fog light!
I rectified that with a red led bulb

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #149 (Edited)
Thanks, already ordered them.
I wanted long time ago clear lens on both tail lamps, so now's the right moment to have it.
For now will install white LED bulb, just like in the right lamp, and through a switch will use it as a reverse lamp. When i need fog lamp for the anual inspection, will just swap in the red LED bulb and move the switch in second position.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Ofcourse they arrived in pieces...
Right is broken, left is cracked.
The seller obviously not responding, case can not be opened, just with return for refund... :mad:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Because if product arrive damaged, you can only open a return and refund request. No other option. Return shipping cost is about 25 dollars, the lamps together where 70$. And i have no guarantee the package will finally get to the chinese seller after 1-2 months, he will pick it up or even refuse the refund because the package content will be to destroyed.
If he does not even reply to my message, what can i expect when returning the goods.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #153 (Edited)
Last week i did a complete service check and replaced engine and auto gearbox oils, remapped the engine ECU at about 200hp 460Nm. It's a completely different truck!
I can't believe how big is the difference.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #154 (Edited)
Finally removed the seats and floor carpet.

Found some minor rust isue on front passenger side. Cleaned up and repainted. Plus those 3pcs round covers made of some sort of cardboard... where like non-existent. I cut other covers from galvanized steel sheet and fixed them with brushable seamsealant. It's as good as new.

And install soundproofing. I needed one more sheet of STP, but now this is it:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
This is what i'm hoping too. It would be even better if i could do that to the doors too, but for now i am running out of STP sheets.
I did that to the doors and hood of my bmw and was a huge soundproof improvement.

·
Administrator
13,429 Posts
I think most of the pickups have far less insulation than a standard car, so a few kilos of soundproofing should make quite a difference.

I am sure you will let us know the outcome, it might be something I will do.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #158 (Edited)
I found the best way for powering the back seat heating. Adding a relay, the coresponding fuse and a new pin with wires (the white and white/black), solved the problem in most stylish way.
Now i just need to connect the switches and the new heating pads in seats.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
I think most of the pickups have far less insulation than a standard car, so a few kilos of soundproofing should make quite a difference.

I am sure you will let us know the outcome, it might be something I will do.
Quieter it is not. Warmer... maybe.
I think it could help if you soundproof the engine hood and maybe the front doors.

141 - 160 of 162 Posts