Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
14,715 Posts
I suppose it depends on what you are using it for, you have certainly improved it for off highway work.

·
Registered
2012 stx 550
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suppose it depends on what you are using it for, you have certainly improved it for off highway work.
I want to start to go camping with my kids and spend time outdoors. I live near fraser so that is on the list. To be honest i just want to use it and have some fun.
Maybe going to the cape this year. If all goes ahead.

·
Administrator
14,715 Posts
I would start looking at putting a vehicle powered fridge, perhaps with a solar panel too.
I am surprised that you don't have roof bars, I thought all the V6 engine models came with them.

·
Registered
2012 stx 550
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah im getting a duel battery setup and a frdige in the next few weeks. Most i have seen have roof racks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey had this almost 2 years. Its got long range 80l tank. 2inch lift and aftermarket intercooler. What else should i do to it.

Tyres are 265 70 17.

Have a good day.
A CATCH CAN IS A MUST WITH THESE ENGINES

I have gone through 3 intercooler on my 550. The latest I fitted myself. I would strongly suggest you install a catch can. There is a lot of work fitting them both.
The catch can I fitted was a top end unit costing around $450.
install it is quite hard due to the position of theTurbo. The manifold that connects onto the Turbo has 4 bolts, you can only see 2 of them so it’s a feel around for the other 2 which are at the bottom of the manifold. I had to use a Wera quarter inch socket drive with a very short handle the only being able to get an small amount of movement to remove the ole manifold & tighten the replacement manifold.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2012 stx 550
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A CATCH CAN IS A MUST WITH THESE ENGINES

I have gone through 3 intercooler on my 550. The latest I fitted myself. I would strongly suggest you install a catch can. There is a lot of work fitting them both.
The catch can I fitted was a top end unit costing around $450.
install it is quite hard due to the position of theTurbo. The manifold that connects onto the Turbo has 4 bolts, you can only see 2 of them so it’s a feel around for the other 2 which are at the bottom of the manifold. I had to use a Wera quarter inch socket drive with a very short handle the only being able to get an small amount of movement to remove the ole manifold & tighten the replacement manifold.

Hope this helps

What brand can do u recommended? Going to buy one today

1 - 8 of 8 Posts