Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a NP300,but this is my toy,1966 ChevyII 350 Chev Turbo 350.Nice Cruiser!

·
Super Moderator
4,527 Posts
Nice ride! Is it original or restored?

·
Super Moderator
4,527 Posts
Always makes me wonder what happend with the auto industry and modern cars!
What I mean it you often see old 50/60 year old cars looking better than a 10 year old modern car! When was the last time you saw a modern car that you thought "that'll last half a century"
actually scrap that thought! When was the last time you saw a modern car that you'd want to still be around in half a century ?

·
Administrator
12,985 Posts
But to be fair, in the UK cars don't last due to the climate.

You only have to go to drier climates to find plenty of older cars still happily running.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Older cars were built with thicker steel and welded or screwed together.Modern cars use very thin body panels which are impossible to weld or panel beat.Interior panels use clips which break after a while and electronics don't last.You can pull an older car apart and put it back together heaps ofr times.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Older cars were built with thicker steel and welded or screwed together.Modern cars use very thin body panels which are impossible to weld or panel beat.Interior panels use clips which break after a while and electronics don't last.You can pull an older car apart and put it back together heaps ofr times.
A lot of the 50/60s cars had plenty of rust problems back in the day ie bmc ford and Vauxhall’s the old ford Anglia the door pillars used to rod right through and the door would virtually fall off, BMC also had there problems with rust the Austin A60 the door sills would fall apart, The early Vauxhall victors used to fall apart with rust also the HA Viva had mega rust problems on the front wings, The ones you see running around now have had hrs of work put into them as restoration projects.

·
Administrator
12,985 Posts
True, I seem to remember that somebody put a brand new HC Viva through an MOT, got to have been about 1970.
It actually failed on excessive corrosion.

Not surprising that the British car industry virtually collapsed.

·
Registered
198 Posts
True, I seem to remember that somebody put a brand new HC Viva through an MOT, got to have been about 1970.
It actually failed on excessive corrosion.

Not surprising that the British car industry virtually collapsed.
Agree, I’ve got an old BMC jb van going to renovate it next year, I picked up a donor vehicle which is the earlier JR the running gear different but I got a lot of good body panels from it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts