Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title I’ve had my 06 nav for about 2.5 months now and have noticed a sudden change in power....previously I’d plant my foot on the go peddle and it would take off like a rocket, in the last 4-5 days I’ve noticed like it’s holding back a second or 2 and then going and the same between gears changes 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd almost like turbo lag is the only way I can describe it.
can heat turbo spooling up and down so Im guessing it’s fine
no smoke of any description but there is a tiny pool of oil in what I think is the intercooler pipe straight from the turbo at the top of engine rubber to metal Pipe almost Double donut shaped then back to rubber to intercooler
any one please help
thanks in advance people

·
Administrator
15,137 Posts
One thing to consider is that a turbo diesel is far less lively in hot weather.

Beyond that, the 2.5 does need a clean (quality) fuel filter and a clean MAF.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One thing to consider is that a turbo diesel is far less lively in hot weather.

Beyond that, the 2.5 does need a clean (quality) fuel filter and a clean MAF.
Thanks
I did wonder about fuel filter as had a massive hoo ha with our 65 plate qashqai long story short 2 garages diagnosed fuel pressure regulator so had it changed and still wouldn’t run properly eventually after a lot of money later just by chance a colleague had same issue and I was literally just the diesel filter needed changing

·
Administrator
15,137 Posts
Yes, the fuel pump is an intricate thing, running at several thousand psi, the filter keeps out any fine particles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts