Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Righ, first try at loading pic's. Nav pics taken on trip to Morocco last month [April]. Did Sahara, Atlas and Forest over a 20 day trip.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another Pic

Mmmmmm....I think it worked, so here is another boring one......Tizzi n Tichka Pass, 6000ft plus, high Atlas..............

And another............Source Blue du Meski Oasis [I have a house here].

Going back in Sept and Oct...........................

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Rich.................yes, quite a few.........I was solo [other than client vehicles] so not many action shots. But, another at the dunes with Nomads.

And a pic of client group I was supporting with Nav

·
Registered
363 Posts
Cool! 8) I bet the Air Conditioning came in Handy!

Nice to see some caraveners on the site! :lol:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi jpd

No, not a caravan owner [if you meant me] they are the "client" groups I lead/support, as well as 4x4's, Mbikes, Mhomes etc etc., on Moroccan tours.

We have had a couple of Nav-5thwheelers on tours and have one going in Jan.

Our Nav is a second support to run along-side the REAL 4x4 we use [below].

·
Registered
221 Posts
Detourer you should send that picture of all those caravans in the desert to Jeremy Clarkson at BBCs 'Top Gear' he would just love that!!

Probably a good chance they may do feature on you.

PS: Great pictures and what looks like an interesting job.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Looks great, and I totally agree with Ducktape, looks like you have one hell of a job? Beats working for a living!

Haaa a Unimog! I drove one of those beast’s from Essen right up to North Cape at the top of Norway about 15 years ago, IMHO it is the ultimate 4x4 that will just about go anywhere – Loved it!

When you say support, does this include full support complete with a fifth wheel towing hitch in the back of your truck? Do the tour groups have a website or is it just a bunch of Caravan club member on a Jolly?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi jpd

WE have in the past used DAF Y440 heavy trucks and 8wheel MAN as support. But these were a few years ago when we were into real "heavy" desert stuff............Now the Unimog and Nav do well for what we do now........if that makes sense.

As mentioned before, we are in Morocco [from our home/base near Marbella in SP] evrey month except June/July/Aug [to hot!].

See our site if you are interested on www.desertdetours.com

We mix small group Mhomes, caravans, 5th wheelers and 4x4's for Imperial City/Sahara tours and do 4x4 only tours.........

There is a 5th Wheeler in this group somewhere......

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t245 ... 0234-1.jpg

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm impressed that the stock tyres coped with sand that looks as dry as a nuns ..... oh hang on we're keepin the forum clean right!? :oops: er as dry as sand :wink:

all reports on here say they're no good off road.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just love the photo of the Jag towing the caravan across the hamada at Erg Chebbi. Presumably you didn't try them out on the dunes?

Tim

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep...........We got them onto the dunes and camped there for 3 nights.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t245 ... C_0213.jpg

As the Nav was new and on its "maiden" tour I was releaved that I didn't have to tow anything bigger than the trailer I had on.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t245 ... C_0284.jpg

But the old "beast" was around as standby

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t245 ... C_0239.jpg

Also got the Caravans to the top of Todra Gorge to Tamtattouchte village and up the Tizzi n Test and Dades Passes.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t245 ... /Dades.jpg

No probs at all other than a wheel bearing on a Subaru [parts sent out overnight from UK].

·
Registered
78 Posts
detourer said:
Hi jpd

No, not a caravan owner [if you meant me] they are the "client" groups I lead/support, as well as 4x4's, Mbikes, Mhomes etc etc., on Moroccan tours.

We have had a couple of Nav-5thwheelers on tours and have one going in Jan.

Our Nav is a second support to run along-side the REAL 4x4 we use [below].

Detourer, is that an Eezi-Awn rooftop tent on the Unimog?
If it is, where did you get it from, if you don't mind me asking?
Brings back fond memories... 8)

Dave

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Super

Yes, we use Ezi-Awn's and Hanabal's [same] on the Unimog and on both the Off-Road trailers in the pic's behind the Navara and Patrol. I also have one that I am trying to find a way to mount on the load area, on top of one of those chequer plate lid things [If I can find one down here in Spain!!!]...............

When I had the earlier company [Trailmasters] we used to import the Ezi-Awn's from S Africa and the trailers from Germany.......These were left over when I sold Trailmasters. We used to get hold of all sorts of serious Off-Road/Adventure kit..........much of it I still have and use..........Fridge/freezer, Tents, hammocks, swag bags etc. All serious stuff!

Problem is that sort of kit costs serious money. It's easy to camp rough/cheap....... :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts