Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings everyone,

I'm from a small country called Sri Lanka and I'm a happy owner of a D40 Nav for 11 years, have done 130+ miles but never touched my engine for any repairs. and still she was running like a baby few weeks back.

Suddenly my Nav started lacking power in the initial start. power is low to a level that you can put the gear into Drive and peddle to the floor but the vehicle barely moves. Then once i switch off and start the engine back, it runs perfectly.

When i contacted my garage and they scanned the truck and said that my SCV is giving a fault. i replaced the part and i cleaned my Injectors too just to be sure because its 130K miles. but still i was having the same issue on and off. then my garage guy told me about the Fuel filter (Diesel Filter) return value issue. once they checked the value it was open to both sides and due to that reason my fuel pressure got low.

Now im feeling that changing that SCV is in vain if the fault was on with the Fuel filter return value. but the garage guy checked the SCV on another Nav and found out that its giving the same issue.

Have anyone came up with this issue?? and please give me your opinion regarding this.

P.S. i make sure to use OEM parts and i haven't replaced my timing chain (was advised to not to since its not making any rattling sound)

Thanks everyone!

·
Administrator
13,430 Posts
Welcome along.
Somebody else has exactly the same problem at the moment.
I would firstly try squeezing the fuel primer (next to the fuel filter) before starting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome along.
Somebody else has exactly the same problem at the moment.
I would firstly try squeezing the fuel primer (next to the fuel filter) before starting.
Did but nothing happens. and this comes if the vehicle stays idle for more than 3 minutes right after the start of the engine.

·
Administrator
13,430 Posts
Two possibilities then...

The suction control valve may be failing. With this you also tend to find the engine stalls when warm.

The egr system. An egr blank is quite cheap, so worth finding one and blanking the system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Two possibilities then...

The suction control valve may be failing. With this you also tend to find the engine stalls when warm.

The egr system. An egr blank is quite cheap, so worth finding one and blanking the system.
Thanks!
im thinking the same issue, must be the SCV or the Injector Pump.
My EGR system is already blank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts