Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am looking at buying a 2015 D40 Navara 3.0 V6 with 125,00 miles on the clock. It is fitted with what looks to be a touch screen, however when you press the buttons on the screen, nothing happens, but if you use the buttons under the screen the screen responds. I am looking at buying it from an Indpendent Dealer who is telling me that it is not a touch screen, but the "buttons" and messages on the screen would suggest otherwise. Can anybody please confirm if this should be a touch screen, if it is, is the fault fixable?

Also is there anything else I should be on the lookout for?

Thanks.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
It is a touch screen, not that I ever use the functionality as the buttons on the dash and the steering wheel are easier to use. The fault is fixable, but expect it to cost 4 figures. Or live with it.

Nothing specific to worry about with the V6. It just remains to check for the normal used car things like service history and accident damage.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Defiantly Touch Screen however, as landmannnn stated I also tend to use the function buttons to set up systems?.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys, thought as much, but wanted to be sure before I went back to the dealer.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
In short, give it a miss. AV problems are ridiculously expensive, if the unit gives up altogether you will be in for a whole heap of pain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts