Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry: Unfortunately we will be leaving the Navara fold and returning to Toyotas and Landrovers. We bought three D22 2.5Di's in 2003 and 2004 for our commercial use as spraying machines, mostly on golf courses. They had all done between 70,000 and 100,000 miles when all three experienced catastophic con rod failures at the big end leading in two cases to complete engine destruction. This despite regular servicing and good oil and not being abused. The break in every case was via the oil way at the big end of the con rod and I have photos that show this on the one we managed to stop in time if anyone wants to see this. We also had a rear wheel, complete with half shaft come of one vehicle at 60,000 miles in the middle of the M1. How no one was injured or worse I'll never know. Nissan are pretending that there is no problem but talk to any engine rebuilder and you will hear the truth. They have lists of punters needing Navara engines and they won't give any warranties on those they rebuild. I am sure this is a major problem and bet there are lots of others out there in the same boat. Anyway, it's back to good old trusty Toyotas and Landrovers now. They never let us down on mileages far, far greater than these and they traded well at the end too.

·
Registered
976 Posts
why not the 3.0 litre deisel navara ?

·
Registered
217 Posts
jace said:
i cant believe it there were two 3.0tds on autotrader last week an now ive got money ready i cant find one! i nearly went out and bought a 2.5 then reality set in with the 70k engine life an i came over all cold! i driven my mates 2.5 l2oo its got no power to tow anything it wouldnt pull my 16ft ifor tiltbed with a seat toledo on it we were strugling to get outve junctions etc bloody dangerous itd only done about 13k at time!
hey mate where are you ?

·
Registered
217 Posts
jace said:
leamington spa warwickshire cv31 3en do u have one ? have around £6500 cash prefer a non vat one as i aint in vat club
i will have a look for you wow how can i charge you vat :lol: i'll charge you commision but for finding one for you.

1 bottle of jack daniels :lol:

give me a little while

·
Registered
515 Posts
are you searching for 3 litre hardbody or frontier. i dont think they call 3 ltr a navara could be wrong. was once before :lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
The break in every case was via the oil way at the big end of the con rod and I have photos that show this on the one we managed to stop in time if anyone wants to see this
Please, post the photos!

Regards
D.N.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tweak'e said:
why not the 3.0 litre deisel navara ?
Thrice bitten, twice shy! I will stick with what I know. Unless they have changed the con rods to something far better quality I will steer clear. All three cracked off through the oilway at the bottom of the con rod. Photos if required.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts