Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I’m new to this forum and am looking for a bit of help with my 2008 Spanish D40. It has this issue where if I’m in a hill, it really struggles to get the revs up (especially bad when it’s cold). If I let the clutch out, I can put the pedal to the floor and it just won’t rev up at all until it slooowly starts moving. It doesn’t blow any smoke, but it just won’t get the revs up.
I just changed the fuel filter, that made no difference. It has a new air filter. I replaced the boost control valve. The MAF sensor looks very clean. The EGR HAS also been blanked.
im running out of ideas, so any advice would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
15,479 Posts
Therein lies your problem. Have a read to see if this helps

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m a bit stuck here because I replaced the boost control Solonoid as one of the first things. I’m just not sure that it’s actually doing anything, so maybe a faulty connection somewhere?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just checked it again. There is definitely an electrical connection. As soon as I unplug the Solonoid, the actuator arm drops and vice versa. But it is not pulsing at all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update. So it turns out the issue had nothing to do with the solenoid. I discovered the NPS switch on the gearbox was bad which caused the motor to think it was in neutral. I unplugs the switch and wow, an immediate difference!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts