Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello, recently i experienced loss of power from my D40. But i'm not quite sure what the problem is. When i start the car it runs smoothly, but when i stop at trafficlight or let the engine idle for about 5-10 mins, the engine starting to lose power. Losing power in terms of trying to accelerate the car. The RPM goes up very slowly. Yesterday i'm just checking on the turbo and i noticed the turbo actuator rod is going up and down non stop. is that normal or the actuator need to stay at one place when idling? Is it solenoid problem? here's the video of the actuator when the car is idling. Is this navara D40's common problem?

·
Administrator
16,672 Posts
The actuator is supposed to pulse at idle, so no problems there.

Idle issues when warm are normally caused by a failing suction control valve. Are you getting any fault codes?

hello, recently i experienced loss of power from my D40. But i'm not quite sure what the problem is. When i start the car it runs smoothly, but when i stop at trafficlight or let the engine idle for about 5-10 mins, the engine starting to lose power. Losing power in terms of trying to accelerate the car. The RPM goes up very slowly. Yesterday i'm just checking on the turbo and i noticed the turbo actuator rod is going up and down non stop. is that normal or the actuator need to stay at one place when idling? Is it solenoid problem? here's the video of the actuator when the car is idling. Is this navara D40's common problem?
Also have a read here

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The actuator is supposed to pulse at idle, so no problems there.

Idle issues when warm are normally caused by a failing suction control valve. Are you getting any fault codes?

Also have a read here

thanks for the reply! i ask some mechanics to check but seems like they didn't detect any problem so far. But for now i will try and change the boost solenoid first. I'll update as soon as i change the solenoid

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the reply! i ask some mechanics to check but seems like they didn't detect any problem so far. But for now i will try and change the boost solenoid first. I'll update as soon as i change the solenoid
update : i have change the boost solenoid, the actuator stays put when idling.. but the problem still exist! so i'll be changing the SCV just like
landmannnn
suggested. one thing that i found out is that every time i flick the key(off and on quickly) the problem goes away

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hello guys, i just change my SCV, still having the same problem. 😟😟everything is okay until i idle the car. once the car is idling, the "no power" problem come.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hello! update everyone. 10000x thanks to everyone ! the problem is finally fixed. so the part that i change is boost solenoid(the problem still the same) and then i change the SCV + RESET ECU and now the car works like a CHAMP!! thank you everyone! lots of love all the way from Malaysia!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the exact same problem. I have replaced the MAF, Vacuum hoses and SCV, and I still have the problem. Did you ever fix yours??? Thanks
i did change my scv and the problem still stays.. but after i reset the ecu, everything went back to normal. try reset your ecu after changing the SCV

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello! update everyone. 10000x thanks to everyone ! the problem is finally fixed. so the part that i change is boost solenoid(the problem still the same) and then i change the SCV + RESET ECU and now the car works like a CHAMP!! thank you everyone! lots of love all the way from Malaysia!
How did u resett the ecu.??
I'm having the same problem after changing SCV n all.
Erased code but still same.
Cheers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts