Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anybody know if the latest maps here are 2017 maps?

http://nissan.navigation.com/product-list/Catalog/Catalog_Navara_2010/en_GB/NissanEMEA/GBP

after following a link saying it is the latest 2017 maps and putting all my details in and purchasing I noticed the picture said 2014-2015 if this is the case it is already 2 years out of date. I have contacted Nissan customer services but it’s been 3 days and still non the wiser. Any info would be great. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would it be worth getting this copy then or would another one be due soon? Not sure if it is worth getting a refund. Does anybody know what the software update does?

·
Banned
1,474 Posts
Would it be worth getting this copy then or would another one be due soon? Not sure if it is worth getting a refund. Does anybody know what the software update does?

They have only been available recently.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts

·
Banned
1,474 Posts
so nissan is charging you for a free service! nokia HERE is a free app on android try installing the nissan connected app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nissan.nissanconnect&hl=en_GB and see if it allows the install of the Here we go app which is the sat nav app of HERE its free as are the maps, its quite good as well but doesnt offer speedcam etc out of the box you pay extra
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.here.app.maps&hl=en_GB
That wont work with Nissan connect sat nav. The maps are loaded via DVD in a D40 and are coded to the head unit number which you need to use when ordering the DVD
D40 does not work with nissan connected only the NP300 . The HERE app wont go on the connected screen anyhow as what apps it will accept are very limited.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the disks arrived this morning looks like I’m going to be sat here a while until it has finished! Are the disks any use to anybody when I have finished with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also if anybody needs the info this is what has been updated!

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Do you get anything more than updated maps for your £145? Mine (2014) is pretty poor at picking the best route, I wondered if it made it better?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Question, if not hard coded to your own head unit, would they update the media software atleast?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,474 Posts
Question, if not hard coded to your own head unit, would they update the media software atleast?

The software will update without coding only the map disk is however many have found to their cost if you do rarely will the maps already loaded work with the new software.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You don’t need any code to do the software update only the maps you need to enter the code. I couldn’t answer my phone before the update now it has fixed all the Bluetooth bugs and the system seems a lot more responsive and accurate

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
https://youtu.be/Oqjbq95dMGM

So tonight I decided to copy the disk I received from Nissan and burn onto a blank disk to update the navigation software this updates the Bluetooth, iPod software and a few other bits to the latest version since the update the system has been flawless and much more responsive also it has got rid of all my issues with connectivity over Bluetooth. The software update does not need a key so I have tried the update on a couple of Navara’s and the process is simple if anybody would find this useful please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Here are the instructions for the software update!

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
It strikes me that for simple firmware updates, Nissan should post these on their website, and let users download them freely, and burn onto CDR or USB memory, and then install. Nearly every device I own with a CPU in it allows updates from the web: PCs, camera, router, satnavs, TVs, phones, etc - it's odd that vehicle manufacturers make it such a big issue, it's not a safety issue for a head unit, it's just being years behind the curve, or maybe just infantilizing its customer base....!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
not at all they just want to rip you off, if people insisted on free upgrades at the point of sale or as the case may be no sale it would soon stop, people make a rod for there own back

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cheers for instructions. Just need to get hold of a copy, as long as it does not mess with existing sat nav software

1 - 20 of 29 Posts