Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, im looking at lifting my navara. its a spanish built white one. looking at cheaper lift kits on ebay but most of the 3inch ones say they don't fit (thai fitment only) has anyone lifted theres? ideally want a 3" suspension lift or even bigger. has anyone got a kit forsale in the uk? any help would be much appreciated thanks

·
Administrator
11,373 Posts
hi guys, im looking at lifting my navara. its a spanish built white one. looking at cheaper lift kits on ebay but most of the 3inch ones say they don't fit (thai fitment only) has anyone lifted theres? ideally want a 3" suspension lift or even bigger. has anyone got a kit forsale in the uk? any help would be much appreciated thanks

Generally you don't want to lift the suspension by more than 2" (castor angles, brake pipes etc) so the best bet is a 2" suspension lift and a 2" body lift.

Have a read through this. https://www.nissan-navara.net/155-performance/33041-so-you-want-lift-your-d40-7.html#post856803

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahh i see! so it would be even worse with a 3inch lift. the 2 inch ones on ebay only lift around 35mm so they say though? which is short of 2 inch. have you fitted one to yours?

·
Administrator
2,292 Posts

What are you trying to achieve from your lift? Pure cosmetic effect, firmer suspension, or greater ground clearance?

·
Administrator
11,373 Posts
ahh i see! so it would be even worse with a 3inch lift. the 2 inch ones on ebay only lift around 35mm so they say though? which is short of 2 inch. have you fitted one to yours?
I've not fitted one as my Navara as it is my daily driver. (car parks, channel tunnel etc)

Correct that adding 3" and more to the front suspension really needs a proper kit - eg LLama4x4 at a grand and a half. The rear is nice and simple though.

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mainly just for cosmetic looks, i like the lifted look. iv no problem, doing the work i just want to know what will be best. do they do a 3inch body lift or will i need new brake hoses? im goibg to put a 2inch suspension lift to and a some all terrain tyres, again not sure on size yet

·
Administrator
2,292 Posts
mainly just for cosmetic looks, i like the lifted look. iv no problem, doing the work i just want to know what will be best. do they do a 3inch body lift or will i need new brake hoses? im goibg to put a 2inch suspension lift to and a some all terrain tyres, again not sure on size yet

As mentioned earlier, anything above 2-3” of suspension lift will cause you issues with suspension geometry, especially at the front. Good kits above this size include replacement tie rods and so on to help correct this problem, which is primary felt through reduced suspension travel, increased tyre wear, and terrible handling. Big increases in the back can affect the brake proportioning valve, and again, the better kits know this and correct it.

Nothing can get around the extra mechanical wear and loss of reliability caused by extreme changes to the propshaft angles.

If you don’t like your car much and/or are prepared to put up with making it perform worse on road and off, there are cheap 5-6” lift kits out there that are suspension only.

I’d suggest a pretty reliable way to achieve an overall 5-6” lift would be a 2-3” suspension lift, a 1-2” body lift, and 32” tyres (which give you about 1”). That’s not cheap but you can do it incrementally.

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks jdo! yeah i think that is the way im going to go. 2 inch suspension lift on ebay is cheap at 85quid, which consists of a strut spacer and a axle block for rear. some mention that they dont fit the spanish version and only the thai one?

alsi going to put a 2inch body lift and some tyres on and i think that will be big enough for me!

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
could anyone tell me the reason this will not fit on a spanish built truck? this kit is on ebay, item number 401611152461 will the front strut spacer fit? or is the problem the rear?

·
Administrator
11,373 Posts
could anyone tell me the reason this will not fit on a spanish built truck? this kit is on ebay, item number 401611152461 will the front strut spacer fit? or is the problem the rear?
I think the rear is the problem. The chassis where the shackles join is narrower on the Thai models. So you either need Spanish extended shackles or go for blocks under the springs.

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks landman, so judging on it bin the shackles, the kit on ebay which i have giving the item number to, should fit? as that is a strut spacer and a spacer block fpr the axle? what do you think mate? worth a gamble ?

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
the spacer goes between the spring holder and body mount. the 35mm spacer on the inside of the suspension correlated to more like 50-60mm movement on the end of the suspension arms, hence the 50mm lift with a 35mm spacer (from experience 35mm is more like 60-70mm lift though)

·
Administrator
11,373 Posts
thanks landman, so judging on it bin the shackles, the kit on ebay which i have giving the item number to, should fit? as that is a strut spacer and a spacer block fpr the axle? what do you think mate? worth a gamble ?
Personally I would dig a bit deeper into my pocket and get the Superpro ones. Whilst they probably come from the same factory, I would feel a bit more confident about dealing with somebody who probably has a QC department.

·
Banned
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
your right they probably do come from the same factory. i presume it will fit, but suppose i wont know until i buy it. can't see there bin any difference in axles so i hope it fits

·
Registered
32 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but has anyone fitted a Thai lift kit to a Spanish truck?

Did it fit or need longer bolts or a complete no go.

I'm stuck because I don't want to use blocks but may have to resort to making my own shackles.

Any info would be appreciated

1 - 16 of 16 Posts