Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a warning to all future prospective navara owners with the Nissan satnav system. This system will not allow for a simple straight swap to a wonderful headunit.

The problems facing them are that many such as controls for Auto A/C, whic is connected to and controlled via the vehicles CAN, so any upgrades will definitely lose your auto A/C functionality and if you choose to go ahead you CAN NOT swap the center console surround for a double din one as the connecting points are different, or install the auto a/c unit with display without significant rewiring and programming of the CAN system.

If you choose to keep the centre surround and want to go ahead you can do so with a headunit that has a floating screen such as the Pioneer SPH-EVO62DAB or SPH-EVO82DAB as the have a 'floating screen'. This can be done with leaving the CD player and controls as they are but will require wire splicing to share the sound with said headunit. The main headunit will have to be install vertically above the CD unit to provide required clearance. and the floating screen can be fitted where the SatNav screen was. This however means that you will no longer have any idea what temp the A/C is set at (No screen, and as no one is providing a CAN BUS adapter for Nissan at all this is not possible unless you are willing to learn how to program and work with the CAN system)

·
Administrator
13,140 Posts
Plenty of people on here have swapped the sat nav unit for an aftermarket double din by fitting the centre panel from a lower spec model which has a double din as standard and a separate lcd screen for the air con controls on the pre 2010 models. Not sure on the post 2010 though.

I will have a hunt through the forum to see what has been written.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its the facelift version. 2012 V6 Outlaw. The satnav is this type.
The one you have will do a swap nice, easy and well

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought a similar panel...those panels have two horizontal clips at the bottom. The v6 uses vertical clips...hence the panel will not fit.

The A/C controls will not plug in as in the Navigation model (as shown), uses the Can BUS (A/C only has two wires Can H and Can L). Thereby to fit would require rewiring from the A/C blower, motors compressor e.t.c. I also for the life of me could not find an adapter. The only adapter available is to connect the sound system (in the case of those with a bose amp you have to wire the amp on in yourself) and steering wheel controls to the new headunit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to drag up old post.

But I wish i had seen this sooner as I've just taken my whole unit out to discover the same thing. All videos i had watched of removing the head unit looked easy with 2 plugs for temp controls, but now its all out its kinda disappointing that its all wired to one board.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts