Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have a 2007 Navara D40 YD25 spain built and am having some troubles. I am not sure if this is the correct place to post questions or requests for help please redirect me if I am in the wrong place.
The issue started as the ute would drop into Limp mode randomly seemed as I was slowing down to give way would lose power, I googled it and decided to change the SCV, i did this with a denso SCV all looked the same when swapped, after changing I did a reset using the pedals engine light flashed and responded as expected but still couldn't start the car at all it just turned over but no go, I bled fuel through still nothing, so I re googled and got a pressure regulator for the fuel rail (in the end) and changed it also did a fuel filter, again I bled it all up and nothing, if I run aero start I can get the engine going but only running on aero start when I stop spraying it the car stops running, once I got it so it would run with no aerostart, I could hold it flat to the floor and the engine ran but as soon as I backed off the pedal the engine died again now nothing unless I use aero start. Also to note I have done the timing chain and upgraded to dual chain and cogs etc about 5000kms ago with no issues.
I am stuck for the next step I am thinking fuel pump maybe but don't know how to diagnose or what is next step can anyone help?

·
Administrator
15,622 Posts
Hi guys I have a 2007 Navara D40 YD25 spain built and am having some troubles. I am not sure if this is the correct place to post questions or requests for help please redirect me if I am in the wrong place.
The issue started as the ute would drop into Limp mode randomly seemed as I was slowing down to give way would lose power, I googled it and decided to change the SCV, i did this with a denso SCV all looked the same when swapped, after changing I did a reset using the pedals engine light flashed and responded as expected but still couldn't start the car at all it just turned over but no go, I bled fuel through still nothing, so I re googled and got a pressure regulator for the fuel rail (in the end) and changed it also did a fuel filter, again I bled it all up and nothing, if I run aero start I can get the engine going but only running on aero start when I stop spraying it the car stops running, once I got it so it would run with no aerostart, I could hold it flat to the floor and the engine ran but as soon as I backed off the pedal the engine died again now nothing unless I use aero start. Also to note I have done the timing chain and upgraded to dual chain and cogs etc about 5000kms ago with no issues.
I am stuck for the next step I am thinking fuel pump maybe but don't know how to diagnose or what is next step can anyone help?
Welcome along.

First thing is to read through this...

So are you getting any fault codes?

As indicated in the link, the fuel filter and potential leaks in the fuel lines are most likely to be the issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome along.

First thing is to read through this...

So are you getting any fault codes?

As indicated in the link, the fuel filter and potential leaks in the fuel lines are most likely to be the issue.
Hi Landmannnn thanks for the quick reply i will read through and see how i go, i have changed the fuel filter already so will do a search of the fuel lines make sure all good as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Landmannnn some good instructions there thanks for that I worked through that list and did as it said to do, no change I haven't been able to find any faulty fuel lines is there somewhere I should concentrate on looking I just traced them and they looked ok to me. MAFsensor was not that dirty but cleaned with the spray. Still doesn't even try to fire just turns over. Came out with 4 sets of 10 in the fault code that is no faults I think.

·
Administrator
15,622 Posts
That's how it is supposed to be.

The next I can think of is to remove the injectors, tape them into 4 coke bottles and see if you getting fuel squirted through. There are a couple of genetic YouTube videos on this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's how it is supposed to be.

The next I can think of is to remove the injectors, tape them into 4 coke bottles and see if you getting fuel squirted through. There are a couple of genetic YouTube videos on this.
Thanks again for the help, I will get onto that one in the next day or so and let you know how it goes

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Landmannn thanks again for the help I didn't get the ute going yet but have had to leave for work and will be gone a few months I will let you know how it goes when I get back and have another go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts