Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2011 acenta navara.

I soor today a 07 plate navara adventura with storage tray things under the rear seats. I had a look on eBay and found them.

The question is what holds them down?!

In my navara it's just carpet under the seats? Are they for top speed ones only or something?

Advice will be much appreciated as I really like the idea of these !!

Many thanks

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
Re: Need some advice on the storage trays under rear seats ?

They have 1/4 turn clips from what i can remember. I think theres some photos in my build thread where i installed my audio where they are removed, you might see the mountings for them there.

Thanks
Rich

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Need some advice on the storage trays under rear seats ?

Thanks for the reply mate, just had a look in your build thread, cool sounds system !!

I am confident that mine doesn't have them, il ripple check tomorrow.

Anyone have a mk 2 d40 with them?

Mike

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi all,

My 2009 Navara doesn’t have the fixing points under the rear seats but I would like to fit the baskets if possible. Are the fixing points just covered by carpet or have they been removed all together? I don’t want to cut a hole to find nothing.

Thanks

·
Administrator
12,985 Posts
I would guess they are there. If you unclip the door threshold trim you can slide your hand under the carpet to see if they are there.

·
Super Moderator
1,164 Posts
Indeed.I am pretty sure the holes are all there, but the carpet needs cut. We answered another guy in recent months asking the same thing. You should be good to go I think.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Indeed.I am pretty sure the holes are all there, but the carpet needs cut. We answered another guy in recent months asking the same thing. You should be good to go I think.
I’ve just had a look under the carpets. The squares are cut into the foam (not the carpet) but there’s no mounting points.

I should’ve made sure before I bought some on eBay! I assumed that being a mk1 D40 that it would have the option or it was just missing them. Never mind :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
12,985 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the mounting holes too much, just attaching them to the carpet would be perfectly fine.

·
Super Moderator
4,527 Posts
I just checked on mine and the mounts appear spot welded on, so im suprised there absent on none factory fitted models (as the body would be the same throughout the range) but that said, as above fixing them onto the carpet should be strong enough for them not to move.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just checked on mine and the mounts appear spot welded on, so im suprised there absent on none factory fitted models (as the body would be the same throughout the range) but that said, as above fixing them onto the carpet should be strong enough for them not to move.
Yeah, I really thought that they’d have the mounting points regardless. The cutouts in the foam are there though! I should have the baskets by the weekend so I’ll get them in. They won’t have anything heavy in them anyway.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts