Nissan-Navara.net banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,164 Posts
So after a full inspection, you have no brackets like the picture? I am very surprised indeed. Ya lives ya learns.

·
Super Moderator
4,527 Posts
Were they not available or an option on the later models? Or on the high spec only ect?
The only difference I can think of between models that would be worth making a different body is the sunroof! Maybe they changed a few other minor details on the with/without sunroof body's ?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nope, no mounting points for me. Just carpeted over. I’ve had a good look under the carpet & there’s no brackets of any kind. Just the rectangles of foam cut out where the brackets go on other models. Mine’s not a facelift, which is why I assumed it would have something under there after googling it earlier :cautious:

·
Super Moderator
1,164 Posts
I see.

In that case, I don't think the presence or lack of these brackets can be pinned down to an exact year.

Somewhere on this forum the carpet has been cut to reveal the brackets. I've tried to find it but to no avail. I did find plenty other owners who had later years also with no brackets. One guy on his 2011 (I think) truck the carpet was intact, yet below was filled with foam, and no brackets.

Maybe the trays themselves stopped being standard at some point, the brackets fading away soon after, and then the trays became a really special factory option from then on....!

I'll refrain from descending into a rant about the slow demise of global production standards.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My Navara must’ve been on the cusp, where they were phasing them out perhaps. They didn’t bother putting brackets in but still had sound proofing with the rectangles cut out leftover :LOL:

21 - 25 of 25 Posts