Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered my new 2019 Nguard Navara What is the general thoughts on the new facelift Nav is it better than the early one

Regards Neil

·
Administrator
2,292 Posts
Congratulations!

I thought I’d replied already, but I can’t see my own response. Weird...

The “facelift” is pretty minor - but I’m pretty sure you now get what we call the Series III progressive rate suspension, which is a good thing.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Congratulations!

I thought I’d replied already, but I can’t see my own response. Weird...

The “facelift” is pretty minor - but I’m pretty sure you now get what we call the Series III progressive rate suspension, which is a good thing.
Its not the Aussie suspension it is a european designed upgrade. Plus we have a new manual box. That alone makes a big difference instead of 60mph coming at 2000 rpm . ,those revs now give you 75mph a 25% gearing ratio increase. Unusually this upgrade has been launched in europe before it finds its way to the our antipodean friends.

·
Administrator
2,292 Posts
Its not the Aussie suspension it is a european designed upgrade. Plus we have a new manual box. That alone makes a big difference instead of 60mph coming at 2000 rpm . ,those revs now give you 75mph a 25% gearing ratio increase. Unusually this upgrade has been launched in europe before it finds its way to the our antipodean friends.

We barely sell any manual gearboxes here, so they probably haven’t bothered - we’re still using up the Euro 5 drivetrains anyway, with no AdBlue here (on the Nav anyway), yet.

The Oz-unique suspension was what we called Series II - the Series III is an unspecified further tweak to that, which may still be unique or may have been to align us with Europe. Not sure. Probably 4 in 10 Oz Navara sales have aftermarket suspension fitted anyway.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got the 'facelift' version, have done 1000 miles in it now and absolutely love it. It is my first Navara, first pickup, but not my first 4x4 or off road capable vehicle. From the 4x4 point of view, it is superb, but i do have AT tyres on it which helps.

The biggest gripe i have is not being able to adjust the hill descent control speed - it is either on or off. When it is on, it brings you to a crawling halt, rather than controling the descent at, say, 5 or 6mph (or even 15mph, as Land Rover do)

I'm getting 30mpg over the 1000 miles, which has a good mix of all driving in there. Max i've achieved was 37mpg on a run to the airport, going 55 mph along the motorway for 50 odd miles.

In terms of the media setup, Apple Carplay is fantastic, so much so that i can't comment on the built in sat nav as i just use google maps for everything. It would be good to have wireless carplay, but it's a bloody good thing to have regardless.

I'd like the cruise control to be available without switching it on, then setting the speed. Seems like a waste of time to me, i can't imagine many people use the speed limiter option so why not make this the one to have as an option, and have cruise control turned on always, waiting for the driver to set the speed?

The steering wheel is a bit frustrating with it not being adjustable toward the driver, only up and down. But, having said that, i havent noticed much of an issue after the first week or so once i got used to it. It's just different to most cars out there - it does also have a slightly cheap feel to the wheel itself, but it is a pickup i suppose.

I have a hard top on the back and a dog box in there, my dogs absoutely love it and are always asleep in there whenever it is open. Such a fantastic machine as a utility, massive rear bed, very accessible and all round v v good car.

·
Administrator
11,374 Posts
I tend to use the speed limiter a fair amount, especially where the traffic is heavy but there are cameras everywhere (eg M25 and Paris perpherique)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I tend to use the speed limiter a fair amount, especially where the traffic is heavy but there are cameras everywhere (eg M25 and Paris perpherique)
Me too . the cruise control doesnt give very good economy and i never use it as its constantly trying to maintain speed at any cost. mine on mixed runs often gives 40 plus and im not easy on the horses it surprised me as its a good 10% better than the NP300 it replaced. Mine also is more economical in town if you dont try and use top cog as its just to long .

·
Registered
36 Posts
Updates for the 2019 model;
Rear discs-all models?
Dual rate rear springs
New headlight surrounds
Trailer sway assist
New improved manual gearbox.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Rear discs?
Hi ,in the UK Parkers review writes:
What’s different about the 2019 Narava’s brakes?
For the first time the Navara now comes with 308mm disc brakes at the back in place of the previous drums – a feature that only a few other pickups offer.

At the same time, Nissan has also increased the size of the front discs from 296mm to 320mm. There is also a larger the brake booster.

·
Administrator
2,292 Posts
Hi ,in the UK Parkers review writes:

What’s different about the 2019 Narava’s brakes?

For the first time the Navara now comes with 308mm disc brakes at the back in place of the previous drums – a feature that only a few other pickups offer.

At the same time, Nissan has also increased the size of the front discs from 296mm to 320mm. There is also a larger the brake booster.

They kept that quiet. Googling this end finds one Australian review that mentions the UK brake upgrade, but also makes some fairly fundamental factual errors about our own specs, so I’m skeptical.

Interesting if true - brake performance is not a major issue for Navaras, so why spend the money? -but both changes mentioned in your article would match Navara with X Class. I wonder if Mercedes are throwing surplus components out now the X Class is terminal?

·
Registered
36 Posts
They kept that quiet. Googling this end finds one Australian review that mentions the UK brake upgrade, but also makes some fairly fundamental factual errors about our own specs, so I’m skeptical.

Interesting if true - brake performance is not a major issue for Navaras, so why spend the money? -but both changes mentioned in your article would match Navara with X Class. I wonder if Mercedes are throwing surplus components out now the X Class is terminal?
They also added the second turbo to all models in the uk. Ours arrive s a week tomorrow. Let you know!

·
Administrator
2,292 Posts
They also added the second turbo to all models in the uk. Ours arrive s a week tomorrow. Let you know!

According to the somewhat dubious article I found, despite the second turbo, lower spec models are still down on power and torque compared to the current twin turbo setup?

·
Registered
36 Posts
According to the somewhat dubious article I found, despite the second turbo, lower spec models are still down on power and torque compared to the current twin turbo setup?
Yes there's a 163bhp but it has more torque after moving from single to twin turbos, we've ordered the190bhp ! But you are quite correct
J

·
Registered
1,061 Posts

You may not think that brake performance is a big issue however when you have one you notice that it brakes so much more balanced rather than tending to pitch on its nose slightly . Also my new one doesnt eat brake pads like the old one and no brake dust all over the front wheels.
All in all very pleased I got this one as the previous one was a let down , A lot quieter and refined to drive.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts