Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Today I fitted some discoverer stt pro tyres to my v6, on new modulars, so went to 265/70/17, after years of using standard stt's, I drive 300 yards, turned around and took them straight off, they were that noisey,you couldn't explain it in words, so currently back on the 18's.
Cooper have stopped making the std stt's now, so god knows what they are doing with regards replacing them, as I can assure any one who is looking to have the stt Pro's, do not plan on driving any road miles without torture.

Premium Member
A friend has them and is a fan, but i would never go back to cooper after the wet weather performance of the STT's i had for about 3 weeks before swapping to KM2's. In my opinion the KM2's are the best all round mud tyre on the market.

Registered
I have the ST Maxx, it's a tire in between an a/t and a m/t, can barely hear them on the road, and I found them to be a very good tire, haven't tried them in the wet though

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Registered
not a fan of BFG Tyres tbh but i havent had these ones just the older MT, i personally prefer Kumho MTs which i have fitted, however the older version the MT 834 was a little better in the wet noise was about the same I guess all these types of tyre require a little more care in the wet and make more noise than normal tyres but when its muddy they come into there own.

Worst I ever had was Maxxis Bighorns horrible Tyres.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
A friend has them and is a fan, but i would never go back to cooper after the wet weather performance of the STT's i had for about 3 weeks before swapping to KM2's. In my opinion the KM2's are the best all round mud tyre on the market.
Are they noisy at all ?, i had the original stt's on my Hilux invincible, and did 30k on them, had no noise and handled really well, those new stt pro's are louder than a set of remould mud slingers.

Attachments

Premium Member
They are quieter than any other mud tyre i have had, and thats quite a lot. If i was looking for muds again its the only tyre i'd get, apart from maybe waiting for the KM3 they are making to be released.

However i have to say i went to the KO2's afterwards, which i have found to be amazing. I wanted something better for the winter, and was amazed at how quiet and well mannered they are on the road, and aired down they still work impressively in mud. Theres a couple of situations where i know my KM2's would have been more planted in clay type mud, but the KO2's still got me through just with a bit more wheel spinning, which I'm happy considering their road handling, noise and ice/snow handling is at least twice as good as any MT will ever be.

Rich

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers for a great reply.
What would you choice be for tyres now ? Mainly road, but some times sticky mud on the farm, and towing a caravan in fields, as I said I've always had discoverer stt's which I see as a good all round, I'm struggling for choice for the first time on tyre choice, I'm 60% km at present

Premium Member
I would probably go KO2's too. They will still do mud and certainly do fields, but for the majority of time on road they are 10x better than any road tyre. Another one to look at would be the Goodyear Duratrac, but its hard to get in the UK and only available in a select few sizes. Its a very very well rated tyre in the US. I would love to try them but can't get them in the size I'm running unfortunately.

Rich

Registered
One more vote for ko2.Had the previous ko on my hilux.did 70000 kms on them and were still great.The new ones are even more quiet 77dbs to 74dbs i think.The tread looks good and does the job on and off road amazingly.

Administrator
Having recently gone from being equipped with KO2s to road biased Michelin's on my V6, I wouldn't go back to the K02s unless I really needed them for off tarmac driving.
The grip and general level of confidence on the tarmac are substantially worse on the K02s.

Registered
Got AT/3's on the work Navara and i hate them. I agree quiet on road, but they have no grip in wet or dry and are as good as a road tyre off the tarmac. I would choose KO2's over them even if they were 4x the price.
I guess it depends on use. I drive like a grandma on road so I'm never pushing anywhere close to the limits of grip!!

Off road for me they are great on forest and farm tracks and wet grass. I rarely touch the mud. I will say IMO they are more of an aggressive road tyre than a true AT.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts