Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Recently lost an engine to the timing chain snappingon my 2007 aventura so have fitted another engine myself, now everything is back together can get engine turning over but doesn’t fire, cracked an injector and have fuel, done a pump/ecu reset still no joy.
Any help would be much appreciated thanks

·
Administrator
13,642 Posts
Welcome along.

Tough to say. You could try some easy start, if it runs it means you have got the camshaft timing right.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi thanks for replying much appreciated.
What a Wendy! Had a friend who came and cleared loads of codes on it cranked it fired and ran for few seconds and then died, tried few more time and it would crank and fire but not run, put it on live data thing and read that there’s no fuelrail pressure when was turning it over, had no easy start to hand with be on top of the list for tomorrow as well as taking a video

·
Super Moderator
184 Posts
As frustrating as it may be it sounds like you're nearly there. Chances are you're chasing down a leak in the fuel system.

When you swapped the engine, what did you carry across from the old unit?

I did exactly the same job a couple of weeks ago, also on an '07 Aventura coincidentally. Bit different as I bought the vehicle with a snapped chain having been sat on someone's drive partially disassembled for a couple of years.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had new block and head carried over everything except fuel pump, there’s no noticeable fuel leaks. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
184 Posts
Sounds like progress, well done.

What did you do to get it started?

Is there any response at all to pushing the throttle?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Give it some easy start and it fired up, when you press the pedal Revs to about 1200 and then goes no more

·
Super Moderator
184 Posts
Gotcha. Your last post made it sound like the car was not seeing a throttle input at all. My guess would be a failure to deliver enough fuel as that seems to have been your issue so far. I think the best thing would be to look at what pressure your fuel rail is holding.

Does it run smoothly at idle?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Runs smoothly on idle yes, will put it on live data later and let you know later, thanks for the help

·
Registered
Nissan Navara D40 2007
41 Posts
Hi
Recently lost an engine to the timing chain snappingon my 2007 aventura so have fitted another engine myself, now everything is back together can get engine turning over but doesn’t fire, cracked an injector and have fuel, done a pump/ecu reset still no joy.
Any help would be much appreciated thanks
Have you registered new engine injectors in the existing ECU? Try that if haven’t done yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
184 Posts
When you do I'm sure you'll also check for codes anyway but had to mention it. Also, when you're on live data bring up the throttle input and make sure the vehicle is seeing throttle travel fully. I don't expect this to be the issue as presumably it ran fine before chain failure and there's no reason this would be effected. Another thing worth doing is unpluging the MAF sensor. This will force it into running 'open loop'. If it runs fine then you know you have no fuel supply issues.

·
Super Moderator
184 Posts
Have you registered new engine injectors in the existing ECU? Try that if haven’t done yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Failing to register new injectors won't cause this issue. I know that to be true as I replaced the engine in mine (same model and year), didn't register the new injectors and it runs perfectly. You're quite right that it does need doing but it won't be causing his running issues.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Idling at 8000-10000 psi and when you rev it it goes to 1700 and starts to misfire on a cylinder. Wondering weather to just flick a match at it

·
Super Moderator
184 Posts
That confirms my suspicion of a fuel supply issue then. At this point you're looking at checking security of connections, bleeding. There's no reason to suspect existing components of course as it ran fine before the chain went. The one suspect part is of course the new pump. The high pressure pump would be a massive PITA of course but you have a known good one on your old engine.

Have you changed the chain yet on the replacement engine? If you were planning to do this once you'd confirmed the engine was good it wouldn't be much more work to do the pump at the same time.

Too early for that yet though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have already had a chain replaced when I bought the replacement engine, Seen a couple posts about replacing the scv on pump going to try that first see if that cures anything 🤷🏼‍♂️, worst case will have to pay someone to swap pump, timing is beyond me

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Can turn it off clear the code p0089 and it revs but then after about 30seconds starts to died again

1 - 20 of 25 Posts